Red White and Blue No-Bake Frozen Cupcakes

When I think of the perfect summer dessert, it’s something cool and fresh. I love fresh blueberries and strawberries in the summer time. Add a big dollop of whipped cream and maybe some angel food cake and the dessert reminds me of summertime.

When the Cupcake Hero theme was announced to be Red White and Blue, I immediately thought of strawberry and blueberry. I’m not a huge fan of berries baked into cakes. SO when I saw this recipe in my Google Reader, I thought it could be a great in the form of a cupcake.
I adjusted the recipe by adding blueberries and making it into cupcakes instead of a loaf. Check out all those chunks of strawberry and blueberry!!

Red White and Blue Frozen Cupcakes – Adapted from Megans Cookin (originally from Cool Whip) – makes 12
2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
1 cup fresh blueberries, chopped
1 can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk (I used low fat)
1/4 cup lemon juice (I forgot it, but use it if you have it)
1 tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
8 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. butter, melted

Line muffin tin with foil cupcake papers. Mash the berries in large bowl (I used a food processor). Add condensed milk, juice and 2 cups of the whipped topping; mix well.

Mix chopped cookies and butter. Spoon 1 Tbsp of the cookie mixture into the bottom of the cupcake liners. Fill cupcake tins to the top with the berry mixture (I filled mine really full).

Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Spread or pipe remaining whipped topping onto top of the cupcakes. Decorate with more fresh berries or cookie crumbs, or even some fresh mint. Store leftovers in freezer.

9 Responses to “Mustard Maple Brussels Sprouts”

Shannon — November 20, 2013 at 9:01 pm

ooh, i love a good brussels recipe, this one is definitely going on the top of my to-try list! and i’m totally with you on pomegranate seeds 🙂

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:05 pm

Are pom seeds the best.

Ginny — November 21, 2013 at 4:59 am

I will definitely try these. But that’s not why I wrote. I wanted to tell you that I’m proud of you for taking off time to be with your family. It may or may not have been a difficult decision. That doesn’t matter – It was the right thing to do. While you didn’t ask my permission, you didn’t need to. You have my unmitigated support.

Now go enjoy. Just remember to put your feet up now and then and if anyone volunteers, accept their offer without guilt. It will not only give you a break, you will likely have the perfect chance to bond with (and love) your helpers.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Liz — November 21, 2013 at 10:51 am

Nice recipe. Thank you. Enjoy your time off and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.

Athena @ Fitness & Feta — November 21, 2013 at 10:55 am

Love pomegranates, and I love Brussels Sprouts, so I can’t wait to try this recipe. My boyfriend doesn’t have the same love affair with Brussels Sprouts as I do, but I’m hoping this will help change his mind. Thanks!

• beantownbaker — November 24th, 2013 @ 6:11 pm

This is definitely a recipe that could change the tune of a non-brussels-sprouts lover. Let me know how it goes.

Charles Berger — November 29, 2013 at 2:17 pm

It looks fantastic! thanks a lot for sharing the recipe

• beantownbaker — December 1st, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

It’s really quite tasty. Let me know if you try it out!