Way to nerd that up…

Leigh has started another blogging event: The Not Only Breakfast Club. The first theme is nerdy food. That’s right up our alley!

Hubby and I are engineers. We’re pretty much about as nerdy as it gets. We both got degrees in Aeronautical engineering. Our families like to say we’re rocket scientists even though neither of us work in rocketry. A lot of our friends are also enginerds. We often have to call each other out for “nerding” something up. You know, when someone takes it to that next level of nerdiness.

Some non-nerds can’t handle the nerdiness that we can bring to a party. One day after work, we were hanging out with my big bro and his fiancee. Big bro is an enginerd as well. Future sister in law asked if we knew what big bro was talking about when he said he writes “code” all day. I think she was looking for sympathy from us. We laughed and said of course we knew. In fact, I write code about 40 hours a week at work!

Anyways, back to the food. I saw this and almost laughed out loud. Take a look at it. Do you think this food is nerdy?

Come on, you can’t even handle how nerdy this food is. If you don’t see why this guacamole is nerdy, you are clearly not a nerd. Who remembers high school chemistry? Remember Avogadro’s magic number? 6.02×10^23 molecules in a mole? I remember struggling with this concept back in high school. Then one day it just all clicked. There aren’t actually even 6 avocado’s in this guac, only 5 in fact, but it’s still a great name for the guac.

Not only is this guacomole perfectly fitting for us, it also tastes AMAZING! And it comes in these two packets so you can save some for later. We threw one packet in the freezer to enjoy later. Definitely grab some the next time you are at TJs.
While I didn’t actually make any nerdy foods, I did use nerdy food in an awesome meal. I used my go-to turkey burger recipe and added a dollop of the nerdy guac and a handfull of sprouts. So tasty! Hubby had his on a bun and I just ate mine without.

9 Responses to “Creamy Red Pepper and Collard Greens Dip”

Ashley — January 25, 2013 at 1:39 pm

This sounds like a tasty dip, and I love that it’s so colorful! I can definitely relate – I’m not into the Superbowl game this year (we recently moved, too, and I prefer college football), but I am ALL about the food!

• beantownbaker — January 25th, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

Were you guys moving during the holidays? We moved into our apartment on 12/21. It was rough… Even when it’s teams that I like, it’s still mostly about the food 🙂

Shannon — January 25, 2013 at 2:29 pm

i do love football food, and i’ve been meaning to try my hand at collard greens 😉

Ashley — January 26, 2013 at 8:08 pm

We didn’t move as recently as you! We made our move in October…and I’m just starting to feel settled. It is rough… Of course, the kitchen was the first room put together!

Lori — January 27, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Approximately how much collard greens do you need? Can you use canned? This sounds terrific…like a soul food dip!

• beantownbaker — January 27th, 2013 @ 4:08 pm

Sorry about that. Missed a key ingredient in the recipe. I updated it now. I used a pound of fresh collard greens. I haven’t tried it with canned. Let me know how it goes if you do.

Megan — January 27, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I’m so not into the Super Bowl this year either, but I can always get behind some football food. I’m still trying to decide what to make for next weekend. This dip sounds so good!

ErinsFoodFiles — January 28, 2013 at 2:22 pm

YUM! I’ve never seen collards in a dip before.

Jade — October 23, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Hey love this recipe. it is actually my daughters FAVORITE MEAL! but i want to know how do i make this into a freezer meal? should i do anything differently? or just make as directed and put them from oven to freezer?