Breakfast Casserole

I’m excited to bring you my second recipe to be featured on the Cooking New England blog, as a part of Yankee Magazine. But before I get to the recipe for Breakfast Casserole, I’d like to thank everyone for entering the Yankee Magazine giveaway – you guys had some great suggestions for recipes to try!

The lucky winnder of the prize package is Erin who suggested I make the Apple-Studded Brown-Butter Streusel Coffee Cake. Be sure to go check out my post about the Breakfast Casserole – it’s a great breakfast dish to serve when you have visitors staying overnight. You prepare the casserole the night before and then just bake and serve!

One last thing before you go. Be sure to add Cooking New England to your Google Reader using this feed URL:

9 Responses to “Roasted Asparagus”

Cara — May 27, 2010 at 12:21 am

some of our faves are asparagus and brussels sprouts too 🙂

Jennifer Chung — May 27, 2010 at 2:22 am

This is the only way we eat our asparagus as well. Do people still boil asparagus? Seriously, it’s kind of a waste that way…
    Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best to share. 🙂

yumventures — May 27, 2010 at 3:35 am

One of my all time faves. Roasted anything, actually, but asparagus gets so crispy and flavorful!

Feast from Famine — May 27, 2010 at 3:41 am

We love to grill asparagus that has been rubbed with olive oil and sea salt–so good! 🙂

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:33 am

Hi there, I’ve been reading your blog for so long now and just wanted to say thanks for all your wonderful recipes. I’ve used so many that have been awesome and really tasty thank you so much! Keep up the good work!

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:35 am

p.s asparagus season is one of the highlights of our year to hehe. So many fantastic things you can do with it! Have you tried roasting it in orange juice and silvered almonds? Devine.

Jen — May 27, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Sezasaurus – Orange and almond does sound tasty! Thanks for the idea.

Elina — May 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I can’t remember if I’ve ever had roasted asparagus – roasted broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts definitely but roasted asparagus could be a new one. Sounds awesome! 🙂

Sarah — June 5, 2010 at 1:57 am

We made this last night with grilled pork chops and homemade mac and cheese. I tossed in the olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper and then probably ate 1/4 of them cold while I was waiting for the oven to heat up. Hubby and I each took a serving for our plates after they cooked and then stood in the kitchen eating the rest off the baking sheet before we had dinner! So good and so easy for our favorite veggie!