Summer Squash

Hubby and I have decided to get back into shape. We’re starting to hit the gym again and upping the number of fruits and veggies in our diets. I’m also going to be trying to bake less. This makes me sad, but I’ll definitely keep baking, just not 3 times a week like I have been.

Vindicate the Vegetable is a new blogging event is a perfect way for us to bump up our veggie intake and to try out some new vegetables. Hubby and I like most veggies, so it’ll be great to learn new recipes as well. This week, the vegetable is yellow summer squash – one of our favorites!
I love cooking the squash this way. It’s so simple and delicious.

Foil veggie pack – serves 4 – by ME!
2 yellow summer squash
2 zucchini
~3 Tbsp Italian dressing
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a large piece of foil in a square pan or Pyrex dish.

Cut vegetables into cubes. Toss with dressing. Place veggies in foil packet and season with salt and pepper. Fold foil up to enclose the veggies in a packet.

Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

The foil packet can be used with a variety of cooking methods. The foil pack can also be cooked on a grill.

8 Responses to “Vegan chocolate / banana / caramel cupcakes”

Joelen — February 12, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Oh my! These look fabulous!!!

Elizabeth — February 12, 2009 at 11:40 pm

I love vegan chocolate cupcakes – and these look delicious. I can’t wait to try them!

Koo-Bean Cuisine — February 20, 2009 at 12:17 am

These just made me so excited!!! They sound amazing and better yet…VEGAN! Thank you for posting this!

Jodi — February 21, 2009 at 12:08 am

I saw these on Tastespotting and want to try, but — for the mousse what type of chocolate chips are you using? All of the ones I’ve seen in the store have milk fat in them. I’m new to vegan cooking, so maybe this is still non-dairy? My son is allergic which is why I’ve been trying many new vegan recipes!

foodess — February 21, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Wow, those look over-the-moon good!

Amy Kingman — August 27, 2009 at 7:17 pm

I’m totally making these tonight! I dont have the fancy caramel sauce, but hopefully they’ll still be edible with regular caramel. 🙂 Yum!

Lexi — September 4, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Jodi- Gihrardelli semisweet chocolate chips do not have any milkfat in them.

These look fantastic-I am allergic to dairy, and have been finding it sooo hard to sate my sweet tooth and not pay for it later.

Me — August 16, 2010 at 12:46 am

They look fab! Thanks for sharing. I have included your site in our Vegan cupcake feature at http://www.partycupcakeideas.com