Summer Squash

Hubby and I have decided to get back into shape. We’re starting to hit the gym again and upping the number of fruits and veggies in our diets. I’m also going to be trying to bake less. This makes me sad, but I’ll definitely keep baking, just not 3 times a week like I have been.

Vindicate the Vegetable is a new blogging event is a perfect way for us to bump up our veggie intake and to try out some new vegetables. Hubby and I like most veggies, so it’ll be great to learn new recipes as well. This week, the vegetable is yellow summer squash – one of our favorites!
I love cooking the squash this way. It’s so simple and delicious.

Foil veggie pack – serves 4 – by ME!
2 yellow summer squash
2 zucchini
~3 Tbsp Italian dressing
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a large piece of foil in a square pan or Pyrex dish.

Cut vegetables into cubes. Toss with dressing. Place veggies in foil packet and season with salt and pepper. Fold foil up to enclose the veggies in a packet.

Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

The foil packet can be used with a variety of cooking methods. The foil pack can also be cooked on a grill.

10 Responses to “Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — April 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

You probably saved a few calories too, by subbing the ham for shrimp! This looks amazing and I love the Mexican flavors.

• beantownbaker — April 29th, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

This is definitely a little bit lighter than a normal cobb salad.

Megan — April 29, 2013 at 11:46 am

I love this take on a cobb salad. The flavors all sound so fresh and bright!

Shannon — April 30, 2013 at 10:36 am

yum! this looks like one absolutely delicious salad. definitely starting to crave more salads, so this is sure to get into the rotation 🙂

• beantownbaker — May 14th, 2013 @ 7:21 am

I’ve been craving salads a lot too recently. I’m so glad spring is finally here.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Oh yum, I love cobb salad 🙂 this looks great!

Beth — July 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm

made this for dinner tonight…served the avocado and dressing on the side…everyone and I mean everyone went crazy over this….seconds were had and on a hot night like this it hit the spot…every bite brought out a new flavor..so so good…I follow a lot of blogs and make there recipes but none as much as yours…your recipes are easy, economical and full of flavor….and I love how you do a little bit of everything…keep them coming girl ….

• beantownbaker — July 21st, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words! So glad you enjoyed this salad. It’s SO flavorful.

nicole @ i am a Honey Bee — August 27, 2013 at 7:55 am

ooo I sooo need this.
    My mom is coming up for a Labor DAy visit. I think this NEEDS to be made. noms

• beantownbaker — August 27th, 2013 @ 7:58 am

It makes a big salad – so it’s perfect for serving to guests!