Brie Bites

Hubby and I were going to a wine and cheese party. I wanted to bring an appetizer that fit the theme. I just kind of threw these together and they were quite tasty!

Brie Bites (by ME!)
60 pre-made phyllo cups (4 packages)
15 oz Brie wheel – or spreadable Brie – see note below
topping choices:
Brown sugar
Dried cranberries
Toasted almonds
Fruit preserves

Cut the white casing off the Brie. I like to freeze the Brie for about 20 minutes to make this task easier. Cut Brie into 60 pieces (about 1-inch squares). NOTE: I made these more recently (11/29/08) and used the spreadable Brie that you can find right next to the regular Brie. It has no rind, so you can just scoop it into the cups. This was SO MUCH easier than cutting off the rind. It also melted a lot better and had a better texture because of it. I highly recommend doing it this way.

Put one piece of Brie into each phyllo cup. Bake for about 7 minutes at 350.

Top with either 1 tsp of fruit preserves or 1/2 tsp brown sugar and a couple almonds and a couple dried cranberries. Cook again for a few minutes to melt the preserves/sugar.

7 Responses to “12 Days of Cookies – The Great Sugar Cookie Debate”

Joelen — December 9, 2008 at 5:53 pm

Adorable cookies!

Katie — December 10, 2008 at 1:36 am

I LOVE this! Comparison posts are my favorite and this is perfect timing with Christmas!!

Jen — December 10, 2008 at 1:56 am

Thanks. I really enjoyed doing the comparison!

CB — December 10, 2008 at 7:17 pm

Fun post! I loved Dorie’s recipe but I’ll have to try the other 2. Yum!
    /Clara

Susan from Food Blogga — December 12, 2008 at 1:07 pm

That’s funny. We only ever made sugar cookies at Xmas time too. Those poor little Easter Bunnies and Halloween pumpkin cut-out just collected dust in the cupboard. Yours look great; and I’m with your aunt. I like them big and soft. 🙂

Ashlee Wetherington — December 18, 2008 at 4:05 am

W-O-W! My cookies compared to Dorie’s?! I’m super floored 🙂 Thanks for including mine in your comparison!

AmyRuth — January 4, 2009 at 1:00 am

Hey I love that you compared recipes. I made a gazillion wedding cake cookies and used Nancy Baggett’s sugar cookie recipe which worked really well for cut out cookies and they taste good. Very buttery. I was surprised. What a fun party idea.
    AmyRuth