Brie Bites

Hubby and I were going to a wine and cheese party. I wanted to bring an appetizer that fit the theme. I just kind of threw these together and they were quite tasty!

Brie Bites (by ME!)
60 pre-made phyllo cups (4 packages)
15 oz Brie wheel – or spreadable Brie – see note below
topping choices:
Brown sugar
Dried cranberries
Toasted almonds
Fruit preserves

Cut the white casing off the Brie. I like to freeze the Brie for about 20 minutes to make this task easier. Cut Brie into 60 pieces (about 1-inch squares). NOTE: I made these more recently (11/29/08) and used the spreadable Brie that you can find right next to the regular Brie. It has no rind, so you can just scoop it into the cups. This was SO MUCH easier than cutting off the rind. It also melted a lot better and had a better texture because of it. I highly recommend doing it this way.

Put one piece of Brie into each phyllo cup. Bake for about 7 minutes at 350.

Top with either 1 tsp of fruit preserves or 1/2 tsp brown sugar and a couple almonds and a couple dried cranberries. Cook again for a few minutes to melt the preserves/sugar.

8 Responses to “Green Bean Casserole”

One Particular Kitchen — December 18, 2009 at 1:48 pm

There is absolutely a time and place for everything! I totally agree. This is such a classic dish, and you’ve made it beautifully. 🙂

Joe — December 18, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Such a great dish. My only complaint is when people use canned green beans. The taste and texture can be killed with canned green beans. I don’t like to hear my green beans screeching while I chew them.

This picture looks delicious, by the way.

nutmegnanny — December 18, 2009 at 7:29 pm

I love green bean casserole. It’s one of my favorite holiday recipes. Sometimes we spice things up and add browned ground beef to the green bean mixture and top it with mashed potatoes. This makes it more like a dinner casserole and then I can justify eating plates and plates of it…hahaha.

oneordinaryday — December 18, 2009 at 9:04 pm

Ya know, this looks good, but I’ve never been anywhere this was served. Seems I might be missing out?

Jen — December 19, 2009 at 1:14 am

I completely agree with Joe. I always use fresh or frozen green beans.

Karen - Mommy to four sweeties — December 19, 2009 at 6:25 pm

We make this every year too at Thanksgiving and Christmas.My 4 kids hate mushrooms so we use cream of celery or cream of chicken.

Faith — December 20, 2009 at 2:11 pm

I completely agree, this recipe is perfect (and very nostalgic) just the way it is on the package. It just wouldn’t feel like a holiday meal without this dish!

Dorothy — December 20, 2009 at 2:53 pm

This is one of my favorite holiday side dishes! Canned green beans, soup, and all! I agree with you about having the time and place for such ingredients; it’s such a classic and familiar recipe.