Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken

We had some friends from college in town and I wanted to make something to knock their socks off. I made my bruschetta for an appetizer and followed with this salad and the goat cheese stuffed chicken. Everyone loved it. We’ll definitely be making this again.

Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken (adjusted, original recipe from Pleasure Cooker) – serves 4
4 chicken breasts, trimmed
1 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
6 oz herbed goat cheese
thyme
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Mix the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and goat cheese.

Cut a pocket in the chicken and stuff with cheese mixture. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and thyme on one side of chicken. Lay chicken seasoned side down, in an oven-proof skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil heated on medium-high.

Cook 5 minutes on each side (when you flip, season other side) until browned. Finish chicken in oven, about 20 minutes or until cooked through.

9 Responses to “Roasted Asparagus”

Cara — May 27, 2010 at 12:21 am

some of our faves are asparagus and brussels sprouts too 🙂

Jennifer Chung — May 27, 2010 at 2:22 am

This is the only way we eat our asparagus as well. Do people still boil asparagus? Seriously, it’s kind of a waste that way…
    Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best to share. 🙂

yumventures — May 27, 2010 at 3:35 am

One of my all time faves. Roasted anything, actually, but asparagus gets so crispy and flavorful!

Feast from Famine — May 27, 2010 at 3:41 am

We love to grill asparagus that has been rubbed with olive oil and sea salt–so good! 🙂

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:33 am

Hi there, I’ve been reading your blog for so long now and just wanted to say thanks for all your wonderful recipes. I’ve used so many that have been awesome and really tasty thank you so much! Keep up the good work!

Sezasaurus — May 27, 2010 at 4:35 am

p.s asparagus season is one of the highlights of our year to hehe. So many fantastic things you can do with it! Have you tried roasting it in orange juice and silvered almonds? Devine.

Jen — May 27, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Sezasaurus – Orange and almond does sound tasty! Thanks for the idea.

Elina — May 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I can’t remember if I’ve ever had roasted asparagus – roasted broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts definitely but roasted asparagus could be a new one. Sounds awesome! 🙂

Sarah — June 5, 2010 at 1:57 am

We made this last night with grilled pork chops and homemade mac and cheese. I tossed in the olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper and then probably ate 1/4 of them cold while I was waiting for the oven to heat up. Hubby and I each took a serving for our plates after they cooked and then stood in the kitchen eating the rest off the baking sheet before we had dinner! So good and so easy for our favorite veggie!