Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken

We had some friends from college in town and I wanted to make something to knock their socks off. I made my bruschetta for an appetizer and followed with this salad and the goat cheese stuffed chicken. Everyone loved it. We’ll definitely be making this again.

Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken (adjusted, original recipe from Pleasure Cooker) – serves 4
4 chicken breasts, trimmed
1 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
6 oz herbed goat cheese
thyme
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Mix the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and goat cheese.

Cut a pocket in the chicken and stuff with cheese mixture. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and thyme on one side of chicken. Lay chicken seasoned side down, in an oven-proof skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil heated on medium-high.

Cook 5 minutes on each side (when you flip, season other side) until browned. Finish chicken in oven, about 20 minutes or until cooked through.

14 Responses to “Chicken Pot Pie with Cream Cheese and Chive Biscuits”

Shannon — March 25, 2013 at 3:20 pm

love your adaptations- and i agree, one-pot meals usually need more veggies!

• beantownbaker — March 25th, 2013 @ 3:44 pm

Not that this meal is in any way healthy, but at least bumping up the veggies (and the servings) reduces the amount of pure indulgence per serving…

Sues — March 25, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Love all the changes you made to this! And I agree- the more veggies, the merrier 🙂

• beantownbaker — March 25th, 2013 @ 3:45 pm

Glad I’m not the only one!

Megan — March 25, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I love that idea to just throw extra veggies in. I always have some leftover unused veggies going bad in the fridge after I’ve used some for a recipe. The biscuits on this look amazing.

Wendy — March 25, 2013 at 10:13 pm

This looks rich and satisfying. I love the idea of biscuits on top rather than pie crust. Cream cheese chive biscuits sound especially delicious!

• beantownbaker — March 26th, 2013 @ 7:29 am

I definitely plan to make these biscuits again some time. They’d be delicious even without the creamy pot pie filling under them.

Nutmeg Nanny — March 26, 2013 at 10:36 am

I love the thought of throwing the extra veggies in, i think a lot of people are hesitant to do so. This looks so delicious and satisfying 🙂

• beantownbaker — March 26th, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

Yea when it comes to cooking, I figure there’s no harm in playing with recipes. Baking is another story…

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — March 26, 2013 at 11:11 am

My boyfriend, who eats a good portion of the overall meals I cook plus leftovers, hates veggies. This is a problem, because I don’t like food going bad but I can’t eat it all myself. I love recipes like this because it’d probably be SO tasty, he’d hardly even notice the abundance of green. Or he’d pick the peas out. Who knows.

• beantownbaker — March 26th, 2013 @ 8:16 pm

I can’t imagine hating veggies… But I agree, I think he’d hardly notice the veggies in this. It’s that creamy and delicious.

scott — March 27, 2013 at 12:06 pm

This recipe looks delicious. Do you know the nutritional values? If you post it on http://www.myrecipemagic.com they will calculate it for you and you can get paid for posting recipes.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — March 28, 2013 at 6:15 am

I love that you topped this off with biscuits instead of the traditional flaky crust!

• beantownbaker — March 28th, 2013 @ 6:53 am

Biscuits are always the right answer 😉