Sweet Potatoes Home Fries – 3 WW Pts

My mother in law gave me a recipe a while ago for sweet potato fries. We like those, but this recipe is SO much better! I was a little worried about the combination of oregano and sweet potatoes, but it’s so good. We eat these at least once a week.

One tip that I read somewhere is to microwave the potato for a minute or so (be sure to poke some holes). Nuking the sweet potato makes it easier to cut.

Sweet Potato Home Fries (by ME!) – 3 WW Pts – 2 servings
1 large sweet potato – cubed
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp Oregano
2 tsp olive oil

Heat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir until potato cubes are well coated.

Pour into glass or metal pan – make sure you have a single layer of potato cubes. Bake 30-45 minutes (depending on the size of the potato) until crispy.

15 Responses to “Ina Garten’s Mustard Roasted Potatoes”

yumventures — March 5, 2010 at 1:51 pm

I love roast potatoes, and the addition of mustard sounds amazing! I would probably throw some garlic cloves in there too — nothing better than roast garlic!

Pam — March 5, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Wow! Does this ever sound and look delicious! Ummmmm! Love roast potatoes and mustard both and I can only imagine how excellent this dish is! I will be trying this! Thanks!

Katie — March 5, 2010 at 2:35 pm

The color on those potatoes is just AMAZING! Looks fabulous!

Lauren — March 5, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Roasted potatoes are a go-to winter side dish for me, and I’m always looking for a new recipe. This one is a keeper!

nutmegnanny — March 5, 2010 at 4:34 pm

These look delicious! I bet the mustard adds a lot of delicious flavor…yum!

Kerstin — March 5, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Mmm, these look great! I love roasted potatoes and make a similar version with horseradish mustard and lemon juice and they are so good. Such an easy recipe and a huge crowd pleaser!

Xiaolu — March 6, 2010 at 3:34 am

There’s a similar recipe on Epicurious that also uses lemon juice and zest. Addictive!

Rene´s Bare Essentials — March 6, 2010 at 8:54 am

I love ina gartens recipes! Ive made this one before it was amazing!

Krista B. — March 6, 2010 at 11:44 pm

These look fabulous!

oneordinaryday — March 7, 2010 at 11:50 am

I’ve never been disappointed by an Ina Garten recipe and this one looks wonderfully delicious too.

djsystems.Webs.Com — August 1, 2013 at 2:48 am

Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and tested to see
    if it can survive a 30 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube
    sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

hiking — August 2, 2013 at 2:44 am

You have made some good points there. I checked on the web for additional information about the
    issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this site.

Brianna — August 14, 2014 at 10:00 am

This may seem completely unimportant (or relevant) but is there any reason the onions didn’t make it to the final plate (picture)? Or maybe I’m just blind…

• beantownbaker — September 2nd, 2014 @ 7:30 pm

Great question! I think I just chopped them really small when I made them that time… Who knows, maybe I omitted them. I’ve made this recipe so many times and the onions are great, but sometimes I don’t have any on hand.

Lynn Bell — June 17, 2015 at 3:32 pm

What did you serve with the potatoes and onions? I have only one oven so can’t roast at different temps at the same time!