Sweet Potatoes Home Fries – 3 WW Pts

My mother in law gave me a recipe a while ago for sweet potato fries. We like those, but this recipe is SO much better! I was a little worried about the combination of oregano and sweet potatoes, but it’s so good. We eat these at least once a week.

One tip that I read somewhere is to microwave the potato for a minute or so (be sure to poke some holes). Nuking the sweet potato makes it easier to cut.

Sweet Potato Home Fries (by ME!) – 3 WW Pts – 2 servings
1 large sweet potato – cubed
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp Oregano
2 tsp olive oil

Heat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir until potato cubes are well coated.

Pour into glass or metal pan – make sure you have a single layer of potato cubes. Bake 30-45 minutes (depending on the size of the potato) until crispy.

9 Responses to “PB&J Omelet”

SimplySweeter — June 18, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m disgusted…….but intrigued. LOL It sounds like it wouldn’t work…but as a fellow PB&J lover, I’m going to try it pretty soon. I wonder how it would all be with chocolate drizzled on top. Too much?? LOL

Sherry G — June 18, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Ahh I should have checked my Google reader before I had breakfast! I was craving a PB&J sandwich, but only had stale bread..=( I ate it anyway.. but this would have been so much better! I need to try this.

Elina — June 18, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Hmm, I’m not sure about this one… 😉

Amanda — June 18, 2010 at 3:31 pm

not gunna lie…thought this was weird but i’m sorta tempted to try it! num nummm, i’m obsessed with pb…so how could it be bad?

hannah! — June 18, 2010 at 3:55 pm

i love pb & j…but im not sure if i’d love it that much on eggs…..

sorry!

Nikki57 — June 18, 2010 at 7:36 pm

When I saw this in my google reader I was like “whoa someone else makes PB&J omlets.” I had posted about them so long ago I forgot, but I’m so happy to have someone else who loves the combo!

Jen — June 18, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I’m loving all the comments today. Like I always tell Hubby, don’t hate it ’til you try it!

Kerstin — June 19, 2010 at 1:40 am

This is funny because my hubby often eats egg whites with peanut butter on top – apparently it’s a big body builder thing to get the right ratio of fat and protein – haha, so you’re not alone, I can imagine he’d love the jelly with this too!

And I really like your top 30 post – very inspiring!

Cara — June 20, 2010 at 3:19 pm

I can kind of see how this works! I made pb&j stuffed french toast once, and this is kind of like that, minus the bread. Like a low-carb pb&j! I might have to give it a shot 🙂