Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes

On the way home from work today, hubby says: “My Lean Cuisine had the best dessert in it” Talk about a slap in the face. I’m a baker, and my hubby tells me that the best dessert he’s had came out of a frozen meal?!?! The nerve of that guy! In a fit of jealousy I set out to prove him wrong and created my Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes. Hubby did say that the cupcakes were better and even apologized for his stupidity. I kind of cheated because I didn’t have anything to make cupcakes with, but they were still good.

Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
Fresh cherries – pitted and quartered
Chocolate Frosting (I prefer the Whipped kind)

Make cake mix as directed on box. Mix in about 3/4 of the cherries.
Fill mini-cupcake pan (lined with papers).
Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
Frost with chocolate frosting and garnish with cherries.

6 Responses to “Gingerbread Apple Upside Down Cake”

Sophie — January 22, 2010 at 2:27 pm

That looks delicious!! And perfect for the winter weather.

birdutmasali — January 23, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I do know and love cooking

Turkey- istanbul much love to youery nice.

Kathleen — January 25, 2010 at 12:38 am

This looks yummy! Can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

chelsea — May 10, 2014 at 12:18 am

I made this tonight for a birthday and it was truly *amazing*! We all loved it and all the kids came back wanting seconds. I followed the recipe exactly and it came out incredibly moist and gooey, deliciously sweet, and spiced. I used half Granny Smith apples and half Gala. I also only had a 9″ pan and by the time I filled it up I still had enough batter (and some extra apple slices left) to fill another 9″ pan. I didn’t have any extra caramel topping, but decided to just bake the batter with the few left over apple slices. Next time I will double the amount of the caramel topping and cut up two more apples and make two full pans worth. It takes a little bit of time to make, but is not a difficult recipe to follow and is oh-so worth it! Thanks for sharing this!

• beantownbaker — May 12th, 2014 @ 4:54 pm

SO glad you enjoyed it! It’s been years since I’ve made this recipe and your comment has me moving it to the top of my to-bake list!

windows 7 starter snpc oa toshiba — December 11, 2017 at 10:52 am

I have been reviewin online more than 4 hours today for windows 7
    starter snpc oa toshiba & Pimento Cheese Burger , yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all site owners
    and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.