Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes

On the way home from work today, hubby says: “My Lean Cuisine had the best dessert in it” Talk about a slap in the face. I’m a baker, and my hubby tells me that the best dessert he’s had came out of a frozen meal?!?! The nerve of that guy! In a fit of jealousy I set out to prove him wrong and created my Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes. Hubby did say that the cupcakes were better and even apologized for his stupidity. I kind of cheated because I didn’t have anything to make cupcakes with, but they were still good.

Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
Fresh cherries – pitted and quartered
Chocolate Frosting (I prefer the Whipped kind)

Make cake mix as directed on box. Mix in about 3/4 of the cherries.
Fill mini-cupcake pan (lined with papers).
Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
Frost with chocolate frosting and garnish with cherries.

11 Responses to “Spice Apple Bars”

Amanda — January 28, 2009 at 2:36 pm

I wish I could run home & bake these right now! They look so delicious & how could you go wrong with apples & cinnamon? I can’t wait to try these soon.

Katie — January 28, 2009 at 2:45 pm

They look so good! I LOOOVE the cute apple backround too! 🙂 🙂

Joelen — January 28, 2009 at 4:52 pm

These look great!

bensbaby116 — January 28, 2009 at 4:57 pm

I made these from Katie’s blog in the fall and took them to a school function. One of my student’s dads ate several of them. A few weeks later I made chocolate chip cookies because they’re usually a hit with everyone there, and the same dad was like “awww. where are those apple bars? I was hoping for those again.” 🙂 They are truly wonderful!

Jen — January 28, 2009 at 5:52 pm

I agree! These are amazing. I send baked goods with hubby about once a week and these got so many more comments than usual. I’m actually making them again this weekend.

Megan — January 29, 2009 at 4:15 am

I saw that recipe last year, and I wish I had made them. They look so good.

Julie — January 29, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Free manual labor in exchange for apple bars? Sounds like a deal to me. I’ll have to offer that up next time I have to call a plumber 🙂

Stephanie Wagner — February 17, 2009 at 12:22 am

Scott made these tonight and they were AMAZING! Seriously, AMAZING!

Amanda — February 23, 2009 at 4:59 pm

I made these this weekend….they were fantastic! At 10 last night Sam had to ask me “are you still eating that apple cake?” Yes. I was. I saved one more piece for after work today!

creativecarryout — February 26, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Oh, my dad would love these. I have an apple bread recipe that he always requests. I’ll bookmark this one to try too. Thanks.
    Michelle

Carly — April 28, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I made these yesterday and think they are fabulous! So gooey, but so much better the next day! Thankyou for sharing! =)