Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes

On the way home from work today, hubby says: “My Lean Cuisine had the best dessert in it” Talk about a slap in the face. I’m a baker, and my hubby tells me that the best dessert he’s had came out of a frozen meal?!?! The nerve of that guy! In a fit of jealousy I set out to prove him wrong and created my Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes. Hubby did say that the cupcakes were better and even apologized for his stupidity. I kind of cheated because I didn’t have anything to make cupcakes with, but they were still good.

Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
Fresh cherries – pitted and quartered
Chocolate Frosting (I prefer the Whipped kind)

Make cake mix as directed on box. Mix in about 3/4 of the cherries.
Fill mini-cupcake pan (lined with papers).
Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
Frost with chocolate frosting and garnish with cherries.

9 Responses to “Strawberry Rhubarb Pie”

Lauren — June 29, 2010 at 11:40 am

Fantastic job with the lattice top! The pie looks awesome :).

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — June 29, 2010 at 1:25 pm

It does look really pretty. I’ve never had the patience to do a lattice top. It sounds delicious!

Sherry G — June 29, 2010 at 2:59 pm

I’m furious with myself for still never having a rhubarb pie! This is truly a good looking pie; very rustic and pretty!

bcallegra — June 30, 2010 at 1:43 am

Truly a work of art! I’m kind of intimidated by pies so I’m in awe of your pie making skills. That pie looks like it’s ready for a magazine cover! 🙂

nutmegnanny — June 30, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Strawberry rhubarb pie is one of my favorites 🙂

Jen — July 3, 2010 at 1:21 am

Thanks for sharing this recipe. Mine is in the oven as I type. Hopefully, it comes out half as good as yours!

Jenni @ Project Cookie 365 — July 3, 2010 at 3:05 pm

I just have to thank you for this recipe!! It’s the first time I’ve made a pie that wasn’t all runny when cut. I was so happy to have pieces that stayed intact!!
    Also, I didn’t need the foil at any point – the crust didn’t overbrown, it was just perfect.
    I’ll be using this again and again!

Victoria — March 30, 2011 at 6:39 pm

can i omit rhubarb and just put strawberries? will it make a difference?

beantownbaker — March 31, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I haven’t tried using this recipe with just strawberries. You might want to cut back on some of the sugar. Rhubarb is very tart, so you always have to put a lot of sugar into rhubarb recipes.