Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes

On the way home from work today, hubby says: “My Lean Cuisine had the best dessert in it” Talk about a slap in the face. I’m a baker, and my hubby tells me that the best dessert he’s had came out of a frozen meal?!?! The nerve of that guy! In a fit of jealousy I set out to prove him wrong and created my Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes. Hubby did say that the cupcakes were better and even apologized for his stupidity. I kind of cheated because I didn’t have anything to make cupcakes with, but they were still good.

Jealousy Chocolate Cherry Mini-Cupcakes
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
Fresh cherries – pitted and quartered
Chocolate Frosting (I prefer the Whipped kind)

Make cake mix as directed on box. Mix in about 3/4 of the cherries.
Fill mini-cupcake pan (lined with papers).
Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
Frost with chocolate frosting and garnish with cherries.

7 Responses to “Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Bars”

Jenni @ Project Cookie 365 — July 1, 2010 at 2:55 pm

AND just perfect for Canada Day!! 🙂 I love the colours, and they are cut PERFECTLY… I’m terrible at cutting bars.
    I wish I’d seen this a few days ago when I had fresh picked strawberries in my house! But a strawberry rhubarb pie will have to suffice 😉

Samantha & Erik — July 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm

These are gorgeous! I remember seeing the blueberry ones that you did last year and they looked amazing, but I think you outdid youself this time!

Samantha & Erik — July 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — July 1, 2010 at 6:38 pm

These look amazing! I would so love to have one of these now!

nutmegnanny — July 1, 2010 at 6:46 pm

These look amazing! When you were talking about not being able to find cheesecake ice cream I immediately thought of Cold Stone. Good thing someone turned you on to that idea. It would have been a shame to think these bars could have not come to fruition 🙂

Cara — July 1, 2010 at 8:31 pm

these sound incredible! Love the sound of the blondie-like sandwich layers. I am so sorry you had to make something you couldn’t enjoy though!

Memória — July 1, 2010 at 9:05 pm

These bars look fantastic!!!! YUM!