Power of Pink Bake Sale

CANCER SUCKS

I have yet to meet someone who disagrees with that statement. We all know someone who has been affected by the nasty disease and my family is no different. 10 years ago, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer at a young age. Since then, I have made it my mission to help raise awareness and funds to beat this wretched disease.

As most of you know, I set out a few years ago to walk all of the Avon Walk cities (5 down, 3 to go!) This year, I have signed up to participate in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Chicago on May 31-June 1, 2014. The Avon Walk is a two day event where walkers complete a full marathon on Saturday and a half marathon on Sunday for a total of 39.3 miles.

This year’s walk is going to be extra special because my mom and two sisters will be joining me to celebrate my mom’s 10th anniversary of being a breast cancer survivor!!! Our team fundraising goal is $7,200! I will be hosting an online bake sale to help us get to that goal.

Power of Pink Bake Sale

I have hosted online bake sales in the past and this one will be very similar. If you’re interested in donating baked goods for the bake sale, please register here by Feb 23rd. If you are interested in bidding on baked goods watch for the bake sale to go live right here on Feb 25-28. All winning bids will be donated to our team.

If you’d like to donate directly to our team, without any baked goods in return (I have no idea why you’d want to do that…), you can check out the Power of Pink team page. If you’d like to learn more about the Avon Walk, check out their website at www.avonwalk.org.

To see recaps of my Avon Walk journey, check out these posts:

Boston 2009 – Hubby and I were on the crew this year
San Francisco 2010 – My first Avon Walk as a walker!
NYC 2011 – Walked through the Big Apple with two friends
Boston 2012 – Walked through my beloved Boston with two of my dearest friends
DC 2013 – This was my first walk alone, but I didn’t feel alone, that’s for sure!
Charlotte 2013 – My first time walking TWO walks in one year, and Hubby’s first time walking with me!

11 Responses to “White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse”

theblogisthenewblack — October 27, 2010 at 11:44 am

Love any type of mousse- esp if it’s pink!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — October 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Love the pink! So cute and it looks and sounds delicous! Thanks!

Boston Food Diary — October 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm

This looks so wonderful! I never would have thought of cranberries and white chocolate together- you are so right-what a great option for Thanksgiving!

Cupcake Activist — October 27, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Great idea! I am always in charge of dessert for Thanksgiving and this would be perfect to add to the line-up.

Megan — October 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I know you said lighter dessert idea, but I’m picturing a cranberry mousse tart with dark chocolate drizzled on top!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — October 27, 2010 at 8:31 pm

This looks delicious! Also, can I ask…what kind of backdrop do you shoot your photos on? It is so clean and really highlights the food at hand!

Jen — October 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Rachel – For the majority of my photographs, I use 12″x12″ scrapbooking pages. I have a bg folder with all my pages in them. I have been using a lot of solid colors recently. I have to admit I love how the blue background really makes the pink mousse pop in these pics!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 27, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Lovin’ the cranberryness here!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 28, 2010 at 3:17 am

Love the pinkness and love the recipe!

oneordinaryday — October 31, 2010 at 11:51 am

This sounds delicious, and I love how that beautiful pink color just pops. Definitely going on my menu!!

Eliana — November 1, 2010 at 3:45 pm

This mousse looks divine! I could not be trusted around it.