Bloggers Bake for Hope 2012

Bloggers Bake for Hope 2012 is coming soon!

Bloggers Bake for Hope was started in 2011 by Cara and Jen. The first year of the online bake-sale was part of Bake for Hope, which is a week long, nation-wide, 100% volunteer-run, bake sale event. Proceeds were donated to local Susan G. Komen for the Cure affiliates. Nearly $3000 were donated to the Komen Massachusetts Affiliate in 2011 due to the generous contributions to Bloggers Bake for Hope.

In 2012, Cara stepped aside and Jen partnered up with another local food blogger, Fiona. Due to recent contraversy with the Komen Foundation, they decided to donate the proceeds from the bake sale to another breast cancer charity. As luck would have it, Jen and Fiona had both signed up to walk the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Boston in 2012. Thus, all donations for Bloggers Bake for Hope 2012 will be donated to the Avon Foundation.

If you would like to donate baked goods, please register here by April 27th. The bake sale will be live on the Bloggers Bake for Hope blog from April 30th until May 2nd. All donations should be in by May 8th and emails will be sent to you, the bakers by May 10th. Please ship your baked goods by May 24th.

Tweet Bookmark and Share

12 Responses to “Power of Pink Roundup”

Soli Deo Gloria — November 3, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Thank you for a lovely and informative round-up! With the number of entries, I think we have successfully raised awareness regarding breast cancer.

Ivy — November 3, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Thanks for the lovely round up and all the information given about breast cancer.

Priya — November 3, 2008 at 1:56 pm

Wonderful roundup..lovely entries, very informative about breast cancer..

Susan — November 3, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Thanks for the great roundup. What a great event…thanks for allowing me to participate. I hope we have helped to make other more aware!

Lubna Karim — November 3, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Awesome roundup. Iam very happy to be part of this event. Thanks a lot for the event and info on breast cancer and everything. Three cheers to your energy dear.

Nazarina A — November 3, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Thank you!
    This is such an informative and a beautiful array of culinary beauties! You have put so much effort into this for such an imperative cause!

Ricki — November 3, 2008 at 8:20 pm

Fabulous roundup–and so glad I could be part of it! Everything looks amazingly scrumptious and I can’t wait to try some of these recipes! (Maybe I missed something, but didn’t the event say make “anything” pink? Or did it have to be baked goods? I’m guessing there must be SOME other pink foods out there. . . ?!!). Well, more dessert for me!

Thanks for hosting this! 🙂

CB — November 3, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Awesome roundup! I love that it had such a diverse group of bloggers. Great personal touch with the facts and myths. Thanks for hosting! I hope you make it an annual event 🙂
    /Clara

John — November 4, 2008 at 10:27 am

The National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) program is dedicated to increasing awareness about the importance of the early detection of breast cancer through a nationwide campaign. A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast. Mammograms are the best method to detect breast cancer early when it is easier to treat and before it is big enough to feel or cause symptoms. Having regular mammograms can lower the risk of dying from breast cancer.
    ——————
    Bobwilliams
    social bookmarking

Susan from Food Blogga — November 4, 2008 at 12:59 pm

This was a terrific event, Jen. Thank you for hosting it.

Jen — November 4, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Thanks everyone. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. The entries are all great.

Julie — November 6, 2008 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for hosting this Jen! As everyone else said, lovely roundup. I’m so glad that I could participate, especially as one of my first blog events!