Bloggers Bake for Hope 2012

Bloggers Bake for Hope 2012 is coming soon!

Bloggers Bake for Hope was started in 2011 by Cara and Jen. The first year of the online bake-sale was part of Bake for Hope, which is a week long, nation-wide, 100% volunteer-run, bake sale event. Proceeds were donated to local Susan G. Komen for the Cure affiliates. Nearly $3000 were donated to the Komen Massachusetts Affiliate in 2011 due to the generous contributions to Bloggers Bake for Hope.

In 2012, Cara stepped aside and Jen partnered up with another local food blogger, Fiona. Due to recent contraversy with the Komen Foundation, they decided to donate the proceeds from the bake sale to another breast cancer charity. As luck would have it, Jen and Fiona had both signed up to walk the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Boston in 2012. Thus, all donations for Bloggers Bake for Hope 2012 will be donated to the Avon Foundation.

If you would like to donate baked goods, please register here by April 27th. The bake sale will be live on the Bloggers Bake for Hope blog from April 30th until May 2nd. All donations should be in by May 8th and emails will be sent to you, the bakers by May 10th. Please ship your baked goods by May 24th.

Tweet Bookmark and Share

9 Responses to “Avon Walk DC 2013 Recap”

Eva @ Eva Bakes — May 9, 2013 at 9:18 am

What a great cause, and congratulations for completing the DC walk!

• beantownbaker — May 9th, 2013 @ 12:31 pm

Thanks! It’s definitely been a fun journey so far – I can’t wait for Charlotte in October.

Christina — May 9, 2013 at 9:44 am

If you ever come to Colorado for the Avon walk….let me know. I love reading your blog…and I would love to cook for you. I have tried soooo many of your wonderful ideas. 🙂 Have a blessed day!

• beantownbaker — May 9th, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

Aww, that’s so sweet. They actually stopped doing the Rocky Mountain walk this year! I guess too many people were in the medical tent because of the altitude. I’m bummed because that’s one that I was the most looking forward to…

Shannon — May 9, 2013 at 12:46 pm

so amazing jen!! hope your blisters are on their way to healing and you’ve had some rest, you deserve it 🙂

• beantownbaker — May 9th, 2013 @ 1:03 pm

Thanks 🙂 My blisters are all healed. The medical staff on the walks does an amazing job. Stairs are still somewhat painful for me, but it’s not too bad. I work on the 4th floor and today was the first day I climbed up instead of taking the elevator. I’m almost back to 100% though.

lostAnnfound — May 10, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Well done, Jen! One more week and we (me, Sherri, Trudi, AnnMarie & Diana) will be heading into Boston for the AWBC! We’ll be at Quick Stop A again this year. It looks like our crew will be walking in D.C. next year. It’s a great weekend!!

Ann

• beantownbaker — May 10th, 2013 @ 5:04 pm

Oh fun! Tell everyone we said hi!! And good luck in DC next year. I had a blast last weekend in DC. I’m hoping to get back to Boston sometime for another walk too.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 13, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Wonderful cause 🙂 Love these photos!