6th Annual Power of Pink Challenge

Today kicks off my 6th Annual Power of Pink Challenge. Back in 2008, I wanted to find a way to help promote Breast Cancer Awareness during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I came up with the Power of Pink Challenge to as a way to encourage fellow bloggers, bakers, and readers to think about Breast Cancer Awareness by making something PINK in their kitchen.

Power of Pink

As you all know, breast cancer is a disease that has touched my life in more ways that I would like to admit. I have made it a personal goal of mine to try to make a difference on this front.

I have been saving pink recipes as I see them come up throughout the year. To check out some inspiration here are the Power of Pink Favorites on Foodgawker or my Power of Pink Posts.

Here are the rules for the challenge:

• Make something that is PINK โ€“ use any ingredients you want
  • Post a new post during the month of October on your blog (if you don’t have a blog, you can still participate, see below)
  • Post your pink food by Midnight EST on October 31
  • Include the logo and link back to this post in your post (please upload to your own server)
  • Email me at Jen[at]beantownbaker[dot]com โ€“ include:
  1. Your name
  2. Name of your blog
  3. Link to your post
  4. Picture (or permission to pull one out of your post)

If you donโ€™t have a blog and would like to participate, just send me your information to be entered.

As always, Iโ€™m offering a giveaway along with the challenge to one lucky participant. I will be choosing one of the participants at random and making a $100 donation to a charity of their choice. It can be breast cancer related or not.

Feel free to follow along on Twitter or Instagram by using #powerofpinkchallenge too!

12 Responses to “Strawberry and Beer Sorbet”

tracy {pale yellow} — February 1, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Three ingredients? Amazing, I can’t wait to try this for myself!

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2013 @ 9:42 pm

If you make it, let me know what beer/fruit combo you use. I can’t wait to try different combinations.

tracy {pale yellow} — February 4, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I just made it last night and used frozen strawberries and Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat. Amazing!!! So creamy without any dairy. I’ll be posting the recipe on my site next week.

• beantownbaker — February 4th, 2013 @ 9:44 pm

First of all, I haven’t had that beer, but it sounds tasty on it’s own. I’m sure it was delicious with the strawberries in this sorbet. So glad you enjoyed it. Let me know when your post goes up!

Shannon — February 4, 2013 at 6:13 pm

what an interesting idea! love that you can still taste the individual flavors ๐Ÿ™‚

• beantownbaker — February 4th, 2013 @ 9:44 pm

I loved it too. Even though when you say Strawberry and Beer Sorbet people kind of look at you like you’re crazy….

Tiffany — February 7, 2013 at 11:52 am

This sounds awesome and I know my husband would love it but we don’t have an ice cream maker. Is there an alternative way to make it?

Carole — March 7, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Hi there. The current Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter is collecting links to posts about ice cream and sorbets โ€“ or anything similar like gelato. I do hope you link this in. This is the link . Please do check out some of the other links โ€“ there are a lot of good ones already. Have a great week.

Carole — March 7, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Jen , thanks for joining the link up for Food on Friday on Carole’s Chatter. I hope you enjoyed looking at some of the other links. I have been reading them all and must say my ice cream cravings are now almost out of control! Cheers

Ps I am signing up to follow your blog. A follow back would be great โ€“ or maybe you have already?

Jimmie — August 14, 2013 at 1:03 pm

I work in a brewpub in Boulder. I’m gonna try this out with fresh peaches, honey, and a strong belgian golden ale. I’ll let you know how it goes.

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:18 am

Oh man – that sounds awesome. I have a TON of peaches in my house right now… I just made a blueberry variety the other night.