6th Annual Power of Pink Challenge

Today kicks off my 6th Annual Power of Pink Challenge. Back in 2008, I wanted to find a way to help promote Breast Cancer Awareness during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I came up with the Power of Pink Challenge to as a way to encourage fellow bloggers, bakers, and readers to think about Breast Cancer Awareness by making something PINK in their kitchen.

Power of Pink

As you all know, breast cancer is a disease that has touched my life in more ways that I would like to admit. I have made it a personal goal of mine to try to make a difference on this front.

I have been saving pink recipes as I see them come up throughout the year. To check out some inspiration here are the Power of Pink Favorites on Foodgawker or my Power of Pink Posts.

Here are the rules for the challenge:

• Make something that is PINK – use any ingredients you want
  • Post a new post during the month of October on your blog (if you don’t have a blog, you can still participate, see below)
  • Post your pink food by Midnight EST on October 31
  • Include the logo and link back to this post in your post (please upload to your own server)
  • Email me at Jen[at]beantownbaker[dot]com – include:
  1. Your name
  2. Name of your blog
  3. Link to your post
  4. Picture (or permission to pull one out of your post)

If you don’t have a blog and would like to participate, just send me your information to be entered.

As always, I’m offering a giveaway along with the challenge to one lucky participant. I will be choosing one of the participants at random and making a $100 donation to a charity of their choice. It can be breast cancer related or not.

Feel free to follow along on Twitter or Instagram by using #powerofpinkchallenge too!

11 Responses to “White Chocolate Cranberry Mousse”

theblogisthenewblack — October 27, 2010 at 11:44 am

Love any type of mousse- esp if it’s pink!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy — October 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Love the pink! So cute and it looks and sounds delicous! Thanks!

Boston Food Diary — October 27, 2010 at 2:10 pm

This looks so wonderful! I never would have thought of cranberries and white chocolate together- you are so right-what a great option for Thanksgiving!

Cupcake Activist — October 27, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Great idea! I am always in charge of dessert for Thanksgiving and this would be perfect to add to the line-up.

Megan — October 27, 2010 at 5:17 pm

I know you said lighter dessert idea, but I’m picturing a cranberry mousse tart with dark chocolate drizzled on top!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — October 27, 2010 at 8:31 pm

This looks delicious! Also, can I ask…what kind of backdrop do you shoot your photos on? It is so clean and really highlights the food at hand!

Jen — October 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Rachel – For the majority of my photographs, I use 12″x12″ scrapbooking pages. I have a bg folder with all my pages in them. I have been using a lot of solid colors recently. I have to admit I love how the blue background really makes the pink mousse pop in these pics!

The Small Boston Kitchen — October 27, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Lovin’ the cranberryness here!

Nutmeg Nanny — October 28, 2010 at 3:17 am

Love the pinkness and love the recipe!

oneordinaryday — October 31, 2010 at 11:51 am

This sounds delicious, and I love how that beautiful pink color just pops. Definitely going on my menu!!

Eliana — November 1, 2010 at 3:45 pm

This mousse looks divine! I could not be trusted around it.