6th Annual Power of Pink Challenge

Today kicks off my 6th Annual Power of Pink Challenge. Back in 2008, I wanted to find a way to help promote Breast Cancer Awareness during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I came up with the Power of Pink Challenge to as a way to encourage fellow bloggers, bakers, and readers to think about Breast Cancer Awareness by making something PINK in their kitchen.

Power of Pink

As you all know, breast cancer is a disease that has touched my life in more ways that I would like to admit. I have made it a personal goal of mine to try to make a difference on this front.

I have been saving pink recipes as I see them come up throughout the year. To check out some inspiration here are the Power of Pink Favorites on Foodgawker or my Power of Pink Posts.

Here are the rules for the challenge:

• Make something that is PINK โ€“ use any ingredients you want
  • Post a new post during the month of October on your blog (if you don’t have a blog, you can still participate, see below)
  • Post your pink food by Midnight EST on October 31
  • Include the logo and link back to this post in your post (please upload to your own server)
  • Email me at Jen[at]beantownbaker[dot]com โ€“ include:
  1. Your name
  2. Name of your blog
  3. Link to your post
  4. Picture (or permission to pull one out of your post)

If you donโ€™t have a blog and would like to participate, just send me your information to be entered.

As always, Iโ€™m offering a giveaway along with the challenge to one lucky participant. I will be choosing one of the participants at random and making a $100 donation to a charity of their choice. It can be breast cancer related or not.

Feel free to follow along on Twitter or Instagram by using #powerofpinkchallenge too!

12 Responses to “Power of Pink Roundup”

Soli Deo Gloria — November 3, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Thank you for a lovely and informative round-up! With the number of entries, I think we have successfully raised awareness regarding breast cancer.

Ivy — November 3, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Thanks for the lovely round up and all the information given about breast cancer.

Priya — November 3, 2008 at 1:56 pm

Wonderful roundup..lovely entries, very informative about breast cancer..

Susan — November 3, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Thanks for the great roundup. What a great event…thanks for allowing me to participate. I hope we have helped to make other more aware!

Lubna Karim — November 3, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Awesome roundup. Iam very happy to be part of this event. Thanks a lot for the event and info on breast cancer and everything. Three cheers to your energy dear.

Nazarina A — November 3, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Thank you!
    This is such an informative and a beautiful array of culinary beauties! You have put so much effort into this for such an imperative cause!

Ricki — November 3, 2008 at 8:20 pm

Fabulous roundup–and so glad I could be part of it! Everything looks amazingly scrumptious and I can’t wait to try some of these recipes! (Maybe I missed something, but didn’t the event say make “anything” pink? Or did it have to be baked goods? I’m guessing there must be SOME other pink foods out there. . . ?!!). Well, more dessert for me!

Thanks for hosting this! ๐Ÿ™‚

CB — November 3, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Awesome roundup! I love that it had such a diverse group of bloggers. Great personal touch with the facts and myths. Thanks for hosting! I hope you make it an annual event ๐Ÿ™‚
    /Clara

John — November 4, 2008 at 10:27 am

The National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) program is dedicated to increasing awareness about the importance of the early detection of breast cancer through a nationwide campaign. A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast. Mammograms are the best method to detect breast cancer early when it is easier to treat and before it is big enough to feel or cause symptoms. Having regular mammograms can lower the risk of dying from breast cancer.
    ——————
    Bobwilliams
    social bookmarking

Susan from Food Blogga — November 4, 2008 at 12:59 pm

This was a terrific event, Jen. Thank you for hosting it.

Jen — November 4, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Thanks everyone. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. The entries are all great.

Julie — November 6, 2008 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for hosting this Jen! As everyone else said, lovely roundup. I’m so glad that I could participate, especially as one of my first blog events!