6th Annual Power of Pink Challenge

Today kicks off my 6th Annual Power of Pink Challenge. Back in 2008, I wanted to find a way to help promote Breast Cancer Awareness during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I came up with the Power of Pink Challenge to as a way to encourage fellow bloggers, bakers, and readers to think about Breast Cancer Awareness by making something PINK in their kitchen.

Power of Pink

As you all know, breast cancer is a disease that has touched my life in more ways that I would like to admit. I have made it a personal goal of mine to try to make a difference on this front.

I have been saving pink recipes as I see them come up throughout the year. To check out some inspiration here are the Power of Pink Favorites on Foodgawker or my Power of Pink Posts.

Here are the rules for the challenge:

• Make something that is PINK – use any ingredients you want
  • Post a new post during the month of October on your blog (if you don’t have a blog, you can still participate, see below)
  • Post your pink food by Midnight EST on October 31
  • Include the logo and link back to this post in your post (please upload to your own server)
  • Email me at Jen[at]beantownbaker[dot]com – include:
  1. Your name
  2. Name of your blog
  3. Link to your post
  4. Picture (or permission to pull one out of your post)

If you don’t have a blog and would like to participate, just send me your information to be entered.

As always, I’m offering a giveaway along with the challenge to one lucky participant. I will be choosing one of the participants at random and making a $100 donation to a charity of their choice. It can be breast cancer related or not.

Feel free to follow along on Twitter or Instagram by using #powerofpinkchallenge too!

9 Responses to “Avon Walk DC 2013 Recap”

Eva @ Eva Bakes — May 9, 2013 at 9:18 am

What a great cause, and congratulations for completing the DC walk!

• beantownbaker — May 9th, 2013 @ 12:31 pm

Thanks! It’s definitely been a fun journey so far – I can’t wait for Charlotte in October.

Christina — May 9, 2013 at 9:44 am

If you ever come to Colorado for the Avon walk….let me know. I love reading your blog…and I would love to cook for you. I have tried soooo many of your wonderful ideas. πŸ™‚ Have a blessed day!

• beantownbaker — May 9th, 2013 @ 12:32 pm

Aww, that’s so sweet. They actually stopped doing the Rocky Mountain walk this year! I guess too many people were in the medical tent because of the altitude. I’m bummed because that’s one that I was the most looking forward to…

Shannon — May 9, 2013 at 12:46 pm

so amazing jen!! hope your blisters are on their way to healing and you’ve had some rest, you deserve it πŸ™‚

• beantownbaker — May 9th, 2013 @ 1:03 pm

Thanks πŸ™‚ My blisters are all healed. The medical staff on the walks does an amazing job. Stairs are still somewhat painful for me, but it’s not too bad. I work on the 4th floor and today was the first day I climbed up instead of taking the elevator. I’m almost back to 100% though.

lostAnnfound — May 10, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Well done, Jen! One more week and we (me, Sherri, Trudi, AnnMarie & Diana) will be heading into Boston for the AWBC! We’ll be at Quick Stop A again this year. It looks like our crew will be walking in D.C. next year. It’s a great weekend!!

Ann

• beantownbaker — May 10th, 2013 @ 5:04 pm

Oh fun! Tell everyone we said hi!! And good luck in DC next year. I had a blast last weekend in DC. I’m hoping to get back to Boston sometime for another walk too.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 13, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Wonderful cause πŸ™‚ Love these photos!