Apple, Pear, Cranberry Crostata

First things first. Happy Election Day! I hope everyone is voting today no matter who you choose to vote for. Second, I hope everyone stayed safe and dry last week through hurricane Sandy. What a storm! I decided to play things safe and worked from home that day, even though my office was open for business. One of the great things about working from home is the ability to bake during my lunch break! I was flipping through some recipes and this Apple, Pear, Cranberry Crostata caught my eye for a couple reasons.

To learn more about this Apple, Pear, and Cranberry Crostata, head over to Cooking New England for the full post and recipe.

Add Cooking New England to your Google Reader using this feed URL: http://blogs.yankeemagazine.com/cooking-new-england/feed/

6 Responses to “Beet Smoothies”

Bree — July 16, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I love everything about this! Thank you so much for sharing this.

Tara — September 15, 2013 at 8:17 pm

i have a few questions regarding freezing smoothies. I have been told that every day you have a smoothie in the fridge, nutrients are lost. Is this true with freezing as well? Can I expect to have the same exact nutrition in a two day old smoothie as in one prepared five minutes ago? And lastly, how would thaw a smoothie that has been frozen? It seems like putting them in the fridge overnight to thaw would defeat the objective of trying to retain nutrient quality. Any thoughts?

• beantownbaker — September 26th, 2013 @ 8:45 am

I’m not sure about what happens to the nutrients when you freeze a smoothie…

To thaw it out, I just put it in the fridge overnight. I freeze smoothies for convenience.

Cyndi — March 14, 2014 at 10:41 pm

What is the calorie count per serving

tonia — August 22, 2014 at 8:05 am