5 Years and Counting… Thanks for Reading!
Five years ago today, I hit Publish on this blog for the first time. The very next day, I published my first recipe: sauteed mushrooms. I can honestly say that I had no idea what I was getting myself in to or how this blog would turn into such a big part of my life.
In the past, I’ve gone all out with giveaways and recaps leading up to my blogiversary. But this year, time just slipped away. This summer has been full of both joyous and mournful family gatherings, vacations, an attempt to really soak in summertime in Boston, and some tough/exciting life decisions. The good news is that there are some big changes coming soon. Both on and off the blog.
As a little reflection into the last year, here are some of the highlights since last August:
- posted an entire month of pink foods for my Power of Pink Challenge
- was featured on America’s Test Kitchen’s blog by hosting a Rack of Lamb Dinner
- started blogging for Yankee Magazine
- celebrated by 1000th Post by hosting a party with all purple foods
- posted by first video (and some other useful How-To Posts)
- completed two more Avon Walks – NYC and Boston
- was featured as one of the 21 Local Must-Read Food Blogs by Boston Innovation
- traveled to Europe for the first time
As I mentioned, there are some big changes coming down the road. But for now, I went ahead and updated my header, which I like to do every once and a while. And I am hoping to get some of my favorite recipes posted later in the week.
I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank YOU all for reading. I really enjoy all the comments/emails/tweets/FB comments that you guys leave me. I love hearing about when you try a recipe you found on here. I don’t know how you found my little slice of the Internet, but I’m glad you keep coming back for more!