Sauteed Mushrooms (2 WW pts)

Growing up I didn’t really like mushrooms. They were weird. Now I can’t get enough. I do mushrooms this way and throw them on just about anything.

Sauteed Mushrooms
1 package pre-cut baby-bella mushrooms – washed and patted dry
White wine
Sliced or diced onion (optional)
Garlic
Olive Oil

I don’t really measure what I’m doing when I do mushrooms, but here’s my attempt at directions: Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add minced garlic cloves and onion. Once garlic starts to brown, add mushrooms to skillet. Once the mushrooms start look cooked, add white wine and reduce heat. Simmer until wine reduces.

11 Responses to “Caramelized Butternut Squash”

Pam — November 15, 2010 at 12:52 pm

I have been loving Butternut Squash more than ever this season, myself! Your pictures are lovely, and making me hungry!

Lauren — November 15, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I LOVE butternut squash… especially when roasted until slightly crisp on the outside. Your caramelized version looks great – I will need to add a touch of brown sugar and butter next time I make it.

Boston Food Diary — November 15, 2010 at 3:45 pm

YUM!!! I started my butternut squash kick this weekend- this looks amazing!

Melissa — November 15, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I have a butternut squash from my CSA that I’m dying to cut into. I have a question though, how does one peel a butternut squash?

Jen — November 15, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Melissa – I like to use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to peel the skin off. You could do it with a knife, but I would be worried about cutting myself.

Julie — November 15, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Sounds like a fabulous way to prepare those squash. I’ll have to remember this for if we have another bumper crop next year!

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — November 15, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Hi Jen, nice seeing you again yesterday. I usually roast my butternut squash with brown sugar too but I can’t believe I never thought of adding butter! I usually omit the salt and pepper because I like it very dessert-like, so I add cinnamon too 🙂

Paula — November 15, 2010 at 5:41 pm

what a great blog!
    here is so many inspirations,

have a nice time,
    Paula

Megan — November 16, 2010 at 12:49 am

I love butternut squash too. It’s definitely delicious with just a bit of brown sugar. Sometimes I go a bit overboard and roast it with a whole lot of butter, brown, sugar, and maple syrup.

theblogisthenewblack — November 16, 2010 at 2:46 am

This looks amazing! I love bn squash. I just made a fantastic soup, and now I want to carmelize it!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 19, 2010 at 5:29 pm

This is such a simple way to cook butternut squash and yet SO delicious! I’m loving your butternut squash blog posts!