Sauteed Mushrooms (2 WW pts)

Growing up I didn’t really like mushrooms. They were weird. Now I can’t get enough. I do mushrooms this way and throw them on just about anything.

Sauteed Mushrooms
1 package pre-cut baby-bella mushrooms – washed and patted dry
White wine
Sliced or diced onion (optional)
Garlic
Olive Oil

I don’t really measure what I’m doing when I do mushrooms, but here’s my attempt at directions: Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add minced garlic cloves and onion. Once garlic starts to brown, add mushrooms to skillet. Once the mushrooms start look cooked, add white wine and reduce heat. Simmer until wine reduces.

10 Responses to “Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — April 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

You probably saved a few calories too, by subbing the ham for shrimp! This looks amazing and I love the Mexican flavors.

• beantownbaker — April 29th, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

This is definitely a little bit lighter than a normal cobb salad.

Megan — April 29, 2013 at 11:46 am

I love this take on a cobb salad. The flavors all sound so fresh and bright!

Shannon — April 30, 2013 at 10:36 am

yum! this looks like one absolutely delicious salad. definitely starting to crave more salads, so this is sure to get into the rotation 🙂

• beantownbaker — May 14th, 2013 @ 7:21 am

I’ve been craving salads a lot too recently. I’m so glad spring is finally here.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Oh yum, I love cobb salad 🙂 this looks great!

Beth — July 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm

made this for dinner tonight…served the avocado and dressing on the side…everyone and I mean everyone went crazy over this….seconds were had and on a hot night like this it hit the spot…every bite brought out a new flavor..so so good…I follow a lot of blogs and make there recipes but none as much as yours…your recipes are easy, economical and full of flavor….and I love how you do a little bit of everything…keep them coming girl ….

• beantownbaker — July 21st, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words! So glad you enjoyed this salad. It’s SO flavorful.

nicole @ i am a Honey Bee — August 27, 2013 at 7:55 am

ooo I sooo need this.
    My mom is coming up for a Labor DAy visit. I think this NEEDS to be made. noms

• beantownbaker — August 27th, 2013 @ 7:58 am

It makes a big salad – so it’s perfect for serving to guests!