Grilled Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa

Summer is in full swing – and it’s a HOT one this year. Most of the country is experiencing record breaking temperatures already! (My thoughts go out to all those families who have lost power during this heat wave. I cannot imagine what that must be like – I hope everyone stays safe until the power can be restored). To beat the heat, we’ve been doing everything we can to avoid using the oven to cook dinner. This means a lot of salads made up of some of the freshly picked lettuce, spinach, and kale from our weekly CSA share.

To learn more about this Grilled Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa, head over to Cooking New England for the full post and recipe.

Add Cooking New England to your Google Reader using this feed URL: http://blogs.yankeemagazine.com/cooking-new-england/feed/

8 Responses to “Deb’s Mom’s Apple Cake”

Megan — January 5, 2009 at 9:51 pm

I made that cake a few months back and it was awesome. It’s a good thing I don’t have any apples or else I’d make another one!

wifeplzak — January 5, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I have wanted to make this one for a while now, I better get on it.

bensbaby116 — January 6, 2009 at 1:43 am

Mmm, I love the smell of apple desserts baking! This looks like a great recipe. Thanks for posting. 🙂
    ~bensbaby116

Mermaid Sweets — January 6, 2009 at 2:01 am

I made this cake on Friday, and it was amazing, even though there were some problems. One, I used a silicone bundt pan because I realized too late I didn’t have a metal one, so I had to cook it forever, and in the end the inside around the cone never really cooked. I just scooped that out and the rest was delicious. Yum. P.s. Love your blog.

Joelen — January 6, 2009 at 5:17 am

Now that is an apple cake! looks delicious!

Sara Therese — January 6, 2009 at 8:11 pm

I can’t wait to try this. We’re going to Brown County this weekend, and this apple cake would be the perfect addition to the trip! Thanks for sharing!

EAT! — January 9, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Love all those big chunks of apple in the cake. It looks delicious!!

Acuman_dapper — April 5, 2009 at 9:33 pm

You are an amazing writer and you should contact http://www.bizymoms.com/boston/index.php to get your blog featured to their large mom community. I am sure they would love your posts. In their expert page there is a form. http://www.bizymoms.com/boston/experts.php