Grilled Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa

Summer is in full swing – and it’s a HOT one this year. Most of the country is experiencing record breaking temperatures already! (My thoughts go out to all those families who have lost power during this heat wave. I cannot imagine what that must be like – I hope everyone stays safe until the power can be restored). To beat the heat, we’ve been doing everything we can to avoid using the oven to cook dinner. This means a lot of salads made up of some of the freshly picked lettuce, spinach, and kale from our weekly CSA share.

To learn more about this Grilled Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa, head over to Cooking New England for the full post and recipe.

Add Cooking New England to your Google Reader using this feed URL: http://blogs.yankeemagazine.com/cooking-new-england/feed/

6 Responses to “Am I a cupcake Hero?!?”

MrsPresley — October 9, 2007 at 3:06 am

i love lime! these sound great 🙂

JaneDough — May 5, 2008 at 12:59 am

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, so bottoms up with these tasty-sounding sweet treats!

Deborah — May 5, 2008 at 3:21 am

The frosting recipe is missing something. ‘1/4 butter’ ??? Pound or cup? But it sounds great.

Nell — May 6, 2008 at 2:01 am

Those look amazing!

Jen — May 9, 2008 at 5:11 pm

I’ll have to double check the recipe and fix my typo this weekend. Sorry about that. For anyone who asked why they look slushy. This was one of my first Vegan cupcakes and I was using low-fat soy milk. This causes the cupcakes to come out gummy/sticky and not rise very much. I filled them the same amount that I usually do, they just didn’t rise up much. I’d like to try this recipe again to make prettier margarita cupcakes.

Jeremy — June 5, 2008 at 2:21 am

I use non-vegan ingredients and they turn out great as well. Also, I seem to have to double the powdered sugar for the frosting to give it an substance, and then I have way too much frosting 🙂 I also add a bit more lime than the recipe calls for, but that’s just me.