Grilled Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa

Summer is in full swing – and it’s a HOT one this year. Most of the country is experiencing record breaking temperatures already! (My thoughts go out to all those families who have lost power during this heat wave. I cannot imagine what that must be like – I hope everyone stays safe until the power can be restored). To beat the heat, we’ve been doing everything we can to avoid using the oven to cook dinner. This means a lot of salads made up of some of the freshly picked lettuce, spinach, and kale from our weekly CSA share.

To learn more about this Grilled Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa, head over to Cooking New England for the full post and recipe.

Add Cooking New England to your Google Reader using this feed URL: http://blogs.yankeemagazine.com/cooking-new-england/feed/

8 Responses to “Strawberry Shortcake Cookies”

hannah! — June 4, 2010 at 1:44 pm

im so sad it has come to an end too! anyway these must be pretty tasty

lovestoeat — June 4, 2010 at 1:50 pm

mmmmm those are one of our faves..i made them a TON last year..soo good
    yours look great

Amy of Sing For Your Supper — June 4, 2010 at 3:59 pm

These look delicious!! I bet they’d go over great at a 4th of July party! I loved your strawberry week- such a great idea!! 🙂

Sarah — June 5, 2010 at 1:43 am

These look great! We definitely don’t need 3 dozen though and wouldn’t want so many to go bad. Do you think they’d freeze well? I was thinking of doing what you did with freezing the chocolate chip dough a few weeks back, but I’m not sure if the strawberries throw a wrench into the mix.

Jen — June 5, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Sarah,

I’m not sure if these will freeze well. They were definitely best the day they were baked. Nice and crispy like a shortcake. The second day they were a bit more soft. I’d definitely be nervous to freeze them, but if you try it, let me know how it goes.

squirrelbread — June 5, 2010 at 2:25 pm

just made these, and we loved them! a nice little hot weather treat.

cheers,

*heather*

A Bluebonnet in Beantown — June 19, 2010 at 2:47 am

Yum! I’m planning to take my kidlets strawberry picking for the first time. This looks like a great way to use some berries.

Gena

Amy — June 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I made mine canelle-style so they look like little pink footballs and sprinkled them with turbinado sugar…SUPER YUMMY!