30-while-30 6 Month Update
Today is my half birthday and we’re having a party to celebrate! I kid, the party is for the holidays, but I did think about highjacking it to make it my half birthday party… I’ve been having too much fun this year to focus on this 30-while-30 list. I’m hoping that I’ll be able to knock off a few of these food related items in the next few months.
Food / Blogging
- Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake
- Eggs Benedict
- Laminated dough (either danishes or croissants)
- Make bread at least 4 times
- Bake at least 4 layer cakes – 1: Neapolitan Cheesecake Cake
- Buy a whole coconut. Open it. Do something (delicious) with it.
- Make at least one thing from each cookbook I own – any cookbooks that don’t get used in a year, donate or giveaway on here – I started making my list of cookbooks. I plan to post it on here shortly.
- Cook with 3 new foods – Being part of a CSA this summer has been AMAZING. I’ve definitely already cooked with 3 new foods, including this Summer Shrimp Salad.
- Send birthday cards to my and Hubby’s families (including siblings, parents, nephews, etc) – So far, so good on this one
- Continue to bake for a good cause – I was able to participate in an online bake sale on The Spiffy Cookie, I hosted a Holiday Cookie Swap where $0.10 was donated to Cookies for Kids Cancer for every cookie exchanged
- Go see my sister’s new house – Done! We got to see Brooke’s house while we were in the Midwest for Thanksgiving
- Go on a girls weekend getaway – Done! I spent a weekend in St Louis with my mom and two sisters in July. It was a great time.
- Volunteer 4 times
- Get another tattoo
- Pay off my car – Done!
- Decide on a signature / go-to cocktail – I’m working very hard on trying new cocktails to make this decision… I have a good idea but I want to master making it at home first…
- Watch a sunrise
- Read 4 books – 1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2. Water for Elephants 3. The Hunger Games 4. Catching Fire 5. currently reading Mockingjay
- Walk another Avon Walk for Breast Cancer – Done! Recap here
- Continue to work out on a regular basis – I’ve been a working out machine recently. It’s been awesome.
- Treat myself to 6 massages – four down, 2 to go
- Get my first facial
Travel and Life in Boston
- Go to the Head of the Charles – This one didn’t happen. It was really sad. The Head of the Charles weekend was beautiful. Hubby and I were getting ready to head out to walk over to see the races and I started feeling sick. It was a combination of allergies and something else. I tried to stay strong and power through it, but about a mile into our walk, we had to turn back. I had a horrible fever and just wasn’t doing so well. Hopefully we’ll make it to the HOTC next year…
- Visit the New England Aquarium
- See the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Go to Top of the Hub for cocktails
- Visit 3 new cities – 1: St Louis, 2: Niagara Falls, 3: Keene, NH 4: Exeter, NH
- Post more how-to tips (including videos) on here (thanks to Mary and Sarah for the suggestion!) – Check out my new How-To tag. I’ve posted a few how-to posts this month already!