Cupcake Camp is Coming Back to Boston!!

Cupcake Camp is coming BACK to Boston! The turnout in 2010 was so great, that we’re doing it again. This time there will be more space and more cupcakes for you to enjoy!

In case you missed it last year, be sure to check out my recap from the event. You can also learn about the event on the Cupcake Camp blog, the Cupcake Camp Facebook page, or follow Cupcake Camp Boston on Twitter.

Cupcake Camp will take place in the The Center for Arts at the Armory at 7pm on April 13th. Cupcake Camp Boston is sponsored by King Arthur Flour. A $5 donation is requested at the door and all proceeds will be donated to Lovin’ Spoonfuls.

Be sure to RSVP online if you plan to attend. If you plan to bake cupcakes, fill out this form.

If you’re like me and still can’t decide what kind of cupcakes to bake for Cupcake Camp, be sure to check back next week. I’ll be featuring cupcake recipes every day!

19 Responses to “Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting”

Megan — January 13, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I’ll take any leftovers! They sound amazing. I keep saying dessert recipes with bacon and bookmarking them, but I haven’t tried any yet. Adding this one to the list now too. 🙂

ann — January 13, 2011 at 5:07 pm

These look so terrific. I love the flavor combinations!

Blog is the New Black — January 13, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I’m intrigued!

KV — January 13, 2011 at 5:46 pm

interesting! I have a recipe for chocolate bacon fudge or maybe pb bacon fudge but I’m afraid to try it

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — January 13, 2011 at 6:01 pm

The frosting sounds amazing. I honestly still can’t bring myself to get behind bacon in desserts. Maybe someday I’ll try a bacon cupcake if I’m given one though. 🙂 I can only resist so long.

Jennifer — January 13, 2011 at 6:08 pm

YUM! These look so good! I haven’t tried the bacon / sweet combo yet, but I’m sure I would love it!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 13, 2011 at 6:13 pm

This looks delicious but I’ve got to ask….what is a pirate party?

Jen — January 13, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Fun and Fearless – It’s exactly like it sounds… Everyone dresses up as a pirate (or something related – Hubby and I went as Treasure maps last year). They even hire this guy who looks like Captain Jack Sparrow to come and there’s a prize for best costume. One of the best parties of the year!

Cupcake Activist — January 13, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Sounds great! The problem I’ve seen with bacon is that sometimes it is chewy in cupcakes. That’s not good. I like that this recipe says to cook until crispy. Extra crispy for me!

Laura and Alex — January 13, 2011 at 9:11 pm

My favorite candy bar is bacon chocolate!!! I can’t wait to try this 🙂

Carrie — January 13, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Wow, those look and sound amazing!

Shannon — January 13, 2011 at 9:42 pm

oh yum. after putting bacon in last years cookies this might need to be next 🙂

Corrine — January 13, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I’m so curious to try bacon in baked goods, but do you think turkey bacon would work?

Jen — January 13, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Corrine – I’m sure turkey bacon would work if you could get it nice and crispy. I’ve heard that if the bacon isn’t super crispy, it has a really weird chewy texture in baked goods.

Corrine — January 14, 2011 at 2:11 am

Thanks Jen! I’m going to give it a try!

Evan Thomas — January 14, 2011 at 2:28 pm

This has just about everything that I would want to go together. Awesome recipe!

Medifast Coupons — January 14, 2011 at 4:10 pm

This is certianly a unqiue mixture of tastes and textures, but it comes together nicely. Definatly a must try!

darcyeats — January 14, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Chocolate..caramel…bacon…PERFECTION.
    I am infatuated with the perfect smoky/salty addition of bacon into sweet baked goods. So delicious. Of course, I’m kind of a fan of adding bacon into just about anything.
    Great pics, def wanna try these out!

kitchenmisfit — January 16, 2011 at 1:01 am

Sorry the cupcakes didn’t turn out like you wanted. Have you ever tried the bacon/chocolate cupcake at Cherry Bomb Bakery in Brighton? They are fantastic!