Three Month Update – 30 by 30
Today I’m three months into my 30 by 30.
Hubby and I were able to catch the last movie of the season on the halfshell. It was a beautiful August evening and we walked the 4 miles from our place to the halfshell. We packed a picnic dinner and brought a blanket. It was a great date night and we both enjoyed the movie Up, which we had never seen. I can’t wait to go again next summer and to take my nephew B too!
I also had a chance to cook with some new ingredients this month. The first new ingredient I tried was fresh figs. I made homemade fig newtons and this crostini with goat cheese, caramelized onions, and a fig reduction. I also made this massaged kale salad. I will definitely be using these ingredients more often from here on out!
- Molten Lava Cakes
- Baked Doughnuts
- Indian Meal (chicken tikka masala and naan)
- Continue to bake for a good cause
- Try Prepare three new foods (1: Kale in the Massaged Kale Salad, 2: Figs in the Fig, Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Crostini and Homemade Fig Newtons)
- Get to my goal weight
- Work out on a regular basis
Complete the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer (check out my recap here)
- Visit at least 3 new cities (1: San Francisco)
- Pack a picnic dinner and see a movie on the Esplanade
- Go to the beach! (can you believe Hubby and I haven’t had a beach day since we moved to Boston 3 years ago)
- Go to the Cranberry Festival in October – started – it’s on the calendar and we’re definitely going to make it happen!
- Take a spontanious trip with girlfriends
- Talk to younger siblings (A and L) on a regular basis
- Plan/host a girls night (in or out)
- Go visit my little brother’s college dorm room
- Meet my friend’s babies in the Midwest – started – I have travel plans in place to make this happen
- Babysit/Spoil my new nephew as much as I can – started – Hubby and I babysat him for the first time by ourselves in August! He was an angel the entire night and didn’t fuss at all.
- Send birthday cards to my siblings, parents, and nephew
- Plan a date-day with Hubby
- Take a cooking class – started – I am taking a baking class tomorrow! I’ll be sure to write about it next week.
- Read the photography books my dad got me
- Finish all the nearly-complete kitchen projects
- Fully de-clutter our place
- Volunteer for something at least four times (1: volunteered to take care of the ongoing can-recycling project at work)
- Plan a Boston area food blogger event