It’s a boy! Dipped Oreo Pops

A couple weeks ago, my nephew B was born. We were all very excited because he’s the first grandchild in the family. I’m still getting used to being called Aunt Jen. I wanted to do something when he made his arrival and decided that the best way to show my adoration of my first nephew was to bake something. Then I got to thinking and decided it would be fun to make treats that the new parents and grandparents could take to work to brag about the new little one.

These dipped Oreo pops were so easy to assemble and came out great. My mom and sister helped me write a B on each pop (we used Wilton candy pens. I had never used them before and they were so easy and worked great!). Then we put them in cellophane bags with some blue ribbon. My brother and sister-in-law took them to work to brag about their new baby boy.

Hubby REALLY enjoyed these guys. I did have to dip them twice for the almond bark to completely cover the dark Oreo cookie. I was worried the coating would be too overpowering, but it wasn’t. I don’t have any pictures of the final product, but just imagine about a hundred of these guys all wrapped up and ready to go.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pops

Ingredients:

Double Stuffed Oreos
Almond bark or white Wilton candy melts
Lolly-pop sticks
Candy pens for decorating - optional

Directions:

Melt a small amount of the almond bark. Dip the tip of a stick into melted almond bark, then slide into the center of the Oreo. Repeat for all Oreos.

Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt a larger quantity of almond bark and a fairly deep bowl.

Hold an Oreo by the stick and dip in almond bark. Tap stick on edge of bowl to encourage extra almond bark to drip off. Place on wax paper.

Repeat for all Oreos. Once tray is full, place in refrigerator for a few minutes to help the almond bark set up.

Decorate if desired.

11 Responses to “Oreo Pretzel Fudge”

Sara — May 10, 2010 at 3:40 pm

A week of Oreo recipes!? Oh my goodness. This fudge looks awesome. I love sweet things that include pretzels. Sweet/salty is so delish.

Kerstin — May 10, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I’m excited for a week of Oreos! The combo of pretzels and Oreos in your fudge sounds amazing!!

Rachelle @ "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" — May 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Oh yum! We love Oreos too! I have an Oreo cake recipe on my blog (foudn at another) that I did for Mr.s Birthday one year. It’s oen of my top searched posts. =)

Memória — May 10, 2010 at 8:10 pm

I love Oreos, too, but I rarely buy them unless it is for a recipe. This looks fantastic. I don’t like pretzels very much, but I guess the other ingredients mask the taste of pretzels that I don’t like. Thanks for this recipe!

yumventures — May 11, 2010 at 12:01 am

I was just casually reading the beginning of this post, and then I scrolled down and saw the picture…OooooooMG! AMAZING! That looks like the most fantastic thing! Plus I love a salty/sweet combo, so this is right up my alley 🙂

Megan — May 11, 2010 at 12:29 am

This looks amazing! I like your idea of adding more salt. Did you see that there are pretzel M&Ms now? I bet it would be fun to sprinkle some of those on top!

Cara — May 11, 2010 at 12:50 am

Those sound amazing! I love a sweet and salty combo too… in fact I may or may not have kept picking at these ginormous chocolate and caramel covered pretzels on the dessert table at our family Mothers Day bbq yesterday. yum!

Lauren — May 31, 2010 at 8:07 pm

I will absolutely be checking back for the rest of the oreo recipes… I’m a huge fan 🙂

This fudge looks and sounds phenomenal. Salty, sweet, rich, chocolaty, creamy, crunchy. I want!

tersa — June 2, 2010 at 5:36 pm

More salt? That recipe seems like a perfect candidate for using sea salt! 🙂

Sean — June 3, 2010 at 6:54 pm

hey I just tried your recipe and and the bottom layer never set. Is there something I can do to prevent that?

Kris — June 11, 2010 at 1:53 am

My Husband shared a tasty post from The Kitchn with me on google reader and i discovered your blog. I spent all of vacation mornings going back and reading and tagging your recipe ideas. I am so inspired and can’t wait to get in the kitchen!!! My Husband can’t wait either!!