It’s a boy! Dipped Oreo Pops

A couple weeks ago, my nephew B was born. We were all very excited because he’s the first grandchild in the family. I’m still getting used to being called Aunt Jen. I wanted to do something when he made his arrival and decided that the best way to show my adoration of my first nephew was to bake something. Then I got to thinking and decided it would be fun to make treats that the new parents and grandparents could take to work to brag about the new little one.

These dipped Oreo pops were so easy to assemble and came out great. My mom and sister helped me write a B on each pop (we used Wilton candy pens. I had never used them before and they were so easy and worked great!). Then we put them in cellophane bags with some blue ribbon. My brother and sister-in-law took them to work to brag about their new baby boy.

Hubby REALLY enjoyed these guys. I did have to dip them twice for the almond bark to completely cover the dark Oreo cookie. I was worried the coating would be too overpowering, but it wasn’t. I don’t have any pictures of the final product, but just imagine about a hundred of these guys all wrapped up and ready to go.

See all of my Week Of Oreo Recipes here.

Print Save

Oreo Pops

Ingredients:

Double Stuffed Oreos
Almond bark or white Wilton candy melts
Lolly-pop sticks
Candy pens for decorating - optional

Directions:

Melt a small amount of the almond bark. Dip the tip of a stick into melted almond bark, then slide into the center of the Oreo. Repeat for all Oreos.

Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt a larger quantity of almond bark and a fairly deep bowl.

Hold an Oreo by the stick and dip in almond bark. Tap stick on edge of bowl to encourage extra almond bark to drip off. Place on wax paper.

Repeat for all Oreos. Once tray is full, place in refrigerator for a few minutes to help the almond bark set up.

Decorate if desired.

14 Responses to “Peppermint Patty Cookies”

Funandfearlessinbeantown — February 3, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I love frozen Thin Mints so I totally get why these are good frozen! Looks fantastic!

Megan — February 3, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Ooh… I love the sound of these. If I don’t end up making them soon, I definitely will keep them in mind for Christmas cookies!

Evan — February 3, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Just when I thought there wasn’t another way to enjoy a peppermint patty, you post this. Love it! They’re definitely one of my favorite candies.

Kathy Day — February 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I MADE HOMEMADE PEPPERMINT PATTIES WHEN I WAS LITTLE, THEY WERE A CHRISTMAS TRADITION! I REFUSE TO DO IT ANYMORE THOUGH, THE PATTIES ALWAYS FELL APART ON ME WHEN I DIPPED THEM.

THESE COOKIES LOOK DELICIOUS. I WOULD TOTALLY BE ON BOARD WITH THAT 😀

Amy (SingForYourSupper) — February 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Oh YUMMY! I must make these ASAP!

Jennifer — February 3, 2011 at 5:47 pm

These sound AWESOME! I love peppermint patty’s.

Hezzi-D — February 3, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Oh yum! Peppermint Patties are my mom’s absolute favorite! I am totally making these next time I go hojme-they even look like giant patties!

Just My Delicious — February 3, 2011 at 9:16 pm

these cookies looks so tasty! I`d like to have some in front of me 🙂

Blog is the New BLack — February 3, 2011 at 10:23 pm

THese look AMAZING! My bf would totally love these! 🙂

Bertha — February 4, 2011 at 12:05 am

I just wanted to say that I’ve been a silent reader for a long time and you are my go to source whenever I need an impressive dessert for a party or just when I’m craving something sweet. Every single recipe has turned out amazing! Thank you!

Amanda L. — February 4, 2011 at 1:55 am

These look great! My high school vice principal loved peppermint patties! heh

Cara — February 4, 2011 at 3:48 am

mmm what else is in that freezer of yours? I want to come raid it!

Peabody — February 4, 2011 at 8:11 am

I want! Oh my!

Sheila C. — December 23, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I visited my cousin today and she had made these cookies. She shared them with us and they were the bomb! Be careful because they are highly addictive! Rich but yummy! I will be making them.