Superbowl Dessert Sneak Peak

I had a lot of success making cupcake toppers out of candy melts for the Harry Potter movie over the summer that I decided to make some again for the Superbowl. I found each of the team logos online and printed out 12 of each to use as a stencil.

First I taped my stencil sheet onto the counter so it wouldn’t move. Then I put wax paper over the stencil sheet and taped it to my countertop. I was glad that the craft store I went to had dark blue candy melts. I was worried I’d have to make the horseshoes with that light blue color of candy melts.

Then I heated up some dark blue and some chocolate candy melts and started piping. My detailed piping skills aren’t the best, but I think I did a pretty good job.

I’m planning to make chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting then I’ll throw these on top. The frosting on the Saints cupcakes will be colored yellow.

8 Responses to “Superbowl Dessert Sneak Peak”

admin — February 6, 2010 at 4:59 pm

such a cute idea!

Jeanette — February 6, 2010 at 8:51 pm

You are so creative!

Carlos — February 6, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Woohoo can’t wait for the party!

A Scientist in the Kitchen — February 7, 2010 at 7:13 am

I’m having my first Superbowl Sunday ever, and I can’t wait for the food! Did I say I’m also having my first snow? :)

Gay

Sunshine — February 7, 2010 at 2:46 pm

My sister and I did something similar last night. We got a box of white cake mix, followed the instructions, separated it into 2 bowls, and dyed one bowl a dark blue and the other black. After baking, we dyed a bowl of frosting yellow for the black cupcakes and left the rest white. They look pretty cool, and we can’t wait for the family to see it. Next time, I’m going to try the team logos. Thanks for the good idea.

Cookie is my hero! — February 8, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Wow, let those creative juices flow! I like this idea ALOT :p

The Utts — September 6, 2010 at 12:22 am

What brand of candy melts did you use? I’m having a hard time finding the dark blue. I am wondering if I can take the light blue ones and tint them darker.

Jen — September 12, 2010 at 1:00 am

The Utts – I found the dark blue candy melts at AC Moore about a year ago. I know Wilton doesn’t make dark blue. I found them online as well since I can’t remember what brand they were. Here’s a link to where you can order some online.