The BEST Bruschetta EVAH!

I had some leftover tomato/onion/cilantro mixture from the homemade salsa that I made, so I decided to through together some bruschetta.

I’ve made this for friends and family and they all LOVE it and always ask for the recipe. It’s hard to write a recipe when you don’t measure things!!

Goat Cheese Bruschetta (by ME!)
3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 of a bunch of cilantro, chopped
goat cheese
~3 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
your favorite crusty bread

Mix the chopped tomatoes, onion, cilantro in a bowl.

Add goat cheese to mixture – as much or little as you have/like.

Add olive oil and salt and pepper.

Slice bread and place on cookie sheet. Spoon bruschetta topping onto bread and bake for 8-10 minutes until heated thouroughly.

Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information: I’m not going to calculate the info now since I didn’t measure anything. Next time I make it, I’ll measure stuff and calculate the info.

8 Responses to “Puppy Chow”

Erin — December 30, 2009 at 12:51 pm

I loooove this stuff. I’ve always called it Muddy Buddy, though.

Jeanette — December 30, 2009 at 1:16 pm

I made this as treats to the humans from our 2 dogs. My mom fell in love with it and went out right away and bought the ingredients. Merry Christmas.

laurasrecipecollection — December 31, 2009 at 2:05 am

Everyone always raves about this stuff but I confess: I’ve never had it! I was allergic to peanuts during childhood 🙁
    But it looks so good that I think I need to give it a try now!

BeeKayRoot — December 31, 2009 at 3:45 am

This stuff is sooo good. I’ve never made it myself, but have had it several times. Perhaps I’ll make it sometime soon.

Joy — January 7, 2010 at 9:14 pm

One of my college roommates made this for us, and I’ve been in love with them since! We usually use Crispix, though, which is rice and corn. =)

Julie — January 12, 2010 at 2:31 pm

We love that stuff too! We make it for our friends all the time and they can’t stop eating it.

Like Joy said, we use Crispix too.

Tran — February 17, 2010 at 4:49 pm

Why is this called Puppy Chow mix? At first I thought it was for dogs and was alarmed by the chocolate chips in the ingredients…

Jen — February 17, 2010 at 4:55 pm

No idea why it’s called Puppy Chow… That’s just what we always called it…