Cue JAWS music…

When deciding what to take for our Jimmy Buffett tailgating experience, I of course thought of making cupcakes! I made the Margarita cupcakes but also wanted something more traditional… I saw a picture of some beach and shark cupcakes and thought they were really cute and very fitting.

As usual, when I make more than 1 kind of recipe, I make one from scratch and one from a box. I made the margarita cupcakes from scratch and used the WW Diet Coke method on these babies.

Diet Coke Cupcakes – 2 WW pts

1 box cake mix – I used Devil’s Food
1 can of diet coke – any variety will do – I used Diet Dr Pepper
1 egg white (to help hold it all together)

Follow directions on box for cake or cupcakes except use only ingredients listed above.

I used store bought frosting that and dyed it blue.

9 Responses to “I’ll have S’more”

Elly — March 11, 2008 at 2:50 am

These look SO good. I was actually looking for s’mores _____ because I wanted to bake something with chocolate and marshmallows. These may be just the thing!

Michelle — March 11, 2008 at 2:58 am

These are so cute! Now I’m craving real smores!

slush — March 11, 2008 at 3:02 am

So freakin cute, I love them, so would my boys. Just today, Liam was picking up sticks in the yard and asked if he could start a fire so that he could make smores. I kid you not. He is 5. Where do they get these ideas?

Adorable Jen! Thanks so much!

CB — March 11, 2008 at 3:03 am

I lurve smores! Your mini smore cupcakes are so fabulous. Great job!
    -Clara

Jaime — March 11, 2008 at 4:43 am

yum! what a great idea!

bakingblonde — March 11, 2008 at 11:55 am

That idea is brilliant! Smores is one of my favorite all time treats and who doesn’t love a mini muffin? Wow, what a great idea.

kate — March 12, 2008 at 3:06 pm

WOW. those look completely luscious!
    want some.
    i’m hoping to enter the hero challenge this time, but i can’t quite decide what to make. . .

———–
    kate
    join the cookie carnival!

Erin — March 19, 2008 at 1:42 pm

These are so wrong, but so right! That batch would be seriously unsafe in my house. They’d have to be given away immediately or I’d risk eating every last one and never fitting in my pants again.

Sarah — March 31, 2010 at 8:52 pm

These will be perfect for an upcoming family vacation. We’re not camping, but are renting a house with a fire pit and we usually spend every night out there making s’mores. I can easily make the cupcakes beforehand and then we can roast the marshmallows outside. It will be something cute and different. Thanks for this recipe!!!