Goat cheese potato salad

I had a great trip to the farmer’s market where I just grabbed a few random things that looked good. When I got home I needed to figure out what I could make with some snap peas, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I headed over to my Google Reader and found this recipe for goat cheese potato salad. And I had everything I needed in the house!

This is a great alternative to mayo-based potato salads, especially if you love goat cheese as much as we do! You could throw in whatever veggies you have on hand. I think some bell peppers would be a nice addition.

Goat Cheese Potato Salad – from Ashlee
1 lb. baby yukon gold potatoes
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved – I used about a pint
8 oz. snap peas, sliced into thirds
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp. EVOO
salt and pepper
1 sprig of fresh rosemary, minced – I omitted
4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
1 cucumber, seeded and diced

Slice potatoes in half and place in a pot.

Fill with cold water to cover, bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender, about 15 minutes.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, EVOO, salt, pepper and rosemary.

Add tomatoes and snap peas, toss and place in the refrigerator.

Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water.

Place in a bowl and chill.

When potatoes have chilled, mix with other bowl of salad ingredients, crumble in goat cheese, gently mix and serve.

I am submitting this recipe to the What’s Cooking in the Orange Kitchen Veggie Roundup

Bookmark and Share

10 Responses to “Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — April 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

You probably saved a few calories too, by subbing the ham for shrimp! This looks amazing and I love the Mexican flavors.

• beantownbaker — April 29th, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

This is definitely a little bit lighter than a normal cobb salad.

Megan — April 29, 2013 at 11:46 am

I love this take on a cobb salad. The flavors all sound so fresh and bright!

Shannon — April 30, 2013 at 10:36 am

yum! this looks like one absolutely delicious salad. definitely starting to crave more salads, so this is sure to get into the rotation 🙂

• beantownbaker — May 14th, 2013 @ 7:21 am

I’ve been craving salads a lot too recently. I’m so glad spring is finally here.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Oh yum, I love cobb salad 🙂 this looks great!

Beth — July 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm

made this for dinner tonight…served the avocado and dressing on the side…everyone and I mean everyone went crazy over this….seconds were had and on a hot night like this it hit the spot…every bite brought out a new flavor..so so good…I follow a lot of blogs and make there recipes but none as much as yours…your recipes are easy, economical and full of flavor….and I love how you do a little bit of everything…keep them coming girl ….

• beantownbaker — July 21st, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words! So glad you enjoyed this salad. It’s SO flavorful.

nicole @ i am a Honey Bee — August 27, 2013 at 7:55 am

ooo I sooo need this.
    My mom is coming up for a Labor DAy visit. I think this NEEDS to be made. noms

• beantownbaker — August 27th, 2013 @ 7:58 am

It makes a big salad – so it’s perfect for serving to guests!