Chipster Topped Brownies

Now that the kitchen is up and running, I can finally make something off my top ten list.

Note: The kitchen is not 100% done, but the stove and sink are hooked up and that’s good enough for me!! And yes, I will post pictures of the kitchen soon, but I’m just too busy enjoying being able to use it at this point.

I’ve seen variations of this recipe float around the Internet for a while now. You really can’t go wrong with a brownie topped with a cookie bar. I much prefer to call them “Brookies” – it’s much easier to say than “Chipster Topped Brownies”!

When the TWD group made these, for some reason, Engineer Baker’s version just caught my eye. Maybe it was the pecans. I decided to take her advice on the ratio of brownie to cookie by making 1/4 of the brownie batter and 1/2 of the cookie batter. I also included walnuts in the brownie batter. I baked them in a 8×8 pan for 40 minutes. For the complete recipe, check out Beth’s blog (she chose this recipe for the TWD group).

Bookmark and Share

8 Responses to “Cannoli Ice Cream”

Mal @ The Chic Geek — September 27, 2013 at 2:02 pm

This sounds so amazing!

Nutmeg Nanny — September 27, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Mouth watering 🙂 I love cannolis and I am sure my husband and I would finish this ice cream off quick!!

• beantownbaker — September 28th, 2013 @ 10:04 am

I bet you would love it. And I’m sure you could find a bakery who would sell you cannoli shells. I couldn’t find anything in Cincinnati and I didn’t have time to make any, so I had to go with store bought…

Krystal R {Mrs. Regueiro's Plate} — September 29, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Genius! I love the idea of this ice cream, I would hoard this for myself!!! Looks absolutely sinful!

• beantownbaker — September 29th, 2013 @ 6:00 pm

Hehe, I know what you mean. Sometimes I hide desserts in the freezer and don’t tell Hubby where they went 😉

Michelle — October 4, 2013 at 3:31 pm

It was so delicious. I might try and make it soon.

Shannon — October 20, 2013 at 5:14 pm

oh man, i am so trying this!!! I love the filing of cannolis but could take or leave the shell, so I think this would be perfect 🙂

• beantownbaker — October 23rd, 2013 @ 12:26 am

I’m sure you would love this – you could even leave out the shell pieces if you wanted to.