Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomato Appetizers

Our monthly cooking club met to honor the Oscars. We decided that everyone should bring an “Award winning” recipe. I happen to enjoy watching the competitive cooking/baking shows on TV and immediately thought of the Pillsbury BakeOff. I went to the website to find a recipe. I decided on this appetizer because I love goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes. This recipe won the BakeOff appetizers division in 2004 and is delicious. Everyone really enjoyed it.

I did use the new Pillsbury Recipe Creations instead of biscuits. I also didn’t read the directions properly and used a regular sized muffin pan instead of a mini muffin pan. So I just doubled the amount of filling it calls for.

Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomato Appetizers – from Pillsbury
1 (12-oz.) can Pillsbury® Golden Layers® Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits – I used the new Crescent recipe creations
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 oz. (1/2 cup) crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes – I used onion powder
1 teaspoon dried pesto seasoning – I used fresh parsley
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into 10 biscuits (I cut the dough into 12 pieces); separate each evenly into 2 layers, making 20 dough rounds. Press each in ungreased miniature muffin cup.

In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, goat cheese, tomatoes, onion flakes and pesto seasoning. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture into each dough-lined cup. Sprinkle each with Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 375°F. for 10 to 16 minutes or until golden brown (Mine baked for exactly 10 minutes). Remove from muffin cups. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

I’m entering this in Joelen’s Tasty Tools event for April. She’s featuring muffin pans this month!

11 Responses to “Massaged Kale Salad”

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 11:23 am

I’m so glad you posted this! Aarti’s kale salad is on my list of dishes to make, and it’s good to know that you guys enjoyed it.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — August 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I saw this on the first episode of Aarti Party and it looked so good to me! Kale is something I’ve also never worked with in our kitchen so I definitely want to give this recipe a try!

Josie — August 30, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I love kale, and I was intrigued by this as well – I really want to try it now! Great picture!

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I picked up all of the ingredients this morning to make the salad, and it is now sitting in my fridge waiting to be devoured for lunch. It’s GREAT! Who knew raw kale could be so good?!

Lizzy — August 30, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Kale is one of my favorite foods but I haven’t had it raw yet. I am bookmarking this!

Kate — August 30, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Wow sounds interesting! I’m very curious to try it myself. I love kale.

Christine — August 30, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I saw this on Aarti Party too – looks good – glad you tried it!

We Are Not Martha — August 31, 2010 at 1:51 am

I love kale and am on a new-found mango kick, so I’m sure this is absolutely wonderful 🙂

Sues

Sherry G — August 31, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I don’t know if I could get anyone in my family to try this, but it looks so interesting! I have never tried kale, but I would like to!

Cara — August 31, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I made a massaged kale salad once but it was just “eh”. I don’t think I massaged enough. But I might have to try it again, and do it the right way, since you both loved it!

Elina — September 2, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I LOVE massaged kale – love, love, love it. It tastes completely different than “regular” – not as “green” if that makes sense. 🙂
    I also love the next food network star. I should check out Aarti’s show since this recipe sounds like it’s right up my alley. 🙂