Chicken Sausage, Spinach, Tomato, and Goat cheese quiche

Hubby’s mom and her boyfriend were coming into town and I decided to make brunch for us. I wanted something with protein that was somewhat healthy. I decided to go with a crustless quiche. I got the idea from this quiche in Katie’s blog. I took that idea and just threw in things that I like. I made mine with chicken sausage, goat cheese, tomato, and spinach. I made it on Saturday and just reheated it in the oven Sunday morning and it was delicious. Hubby liked it so much he had me make another one the next weekend for just the two of us.

Crustless Quiche – by ME! – serves 6
4 eggs
2 egg whites
3/4 c Greek yogurt
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
2 chicken sausage links – sliced
fresh spinach – chopped
1/2 carton cherry tomatoes – sliced in 1/2
salt and pepper to taste

Grease a pie plate and preheat oven to 375.

Whisk yogurt, goat cheese, eggs, and egg whites in a bowl. Set aside.

In a skillet, heat the sliced chicken sausage. When it is almost done, add the spinach. When spinach has begun to wilt, add chicken and spinach to egg mixture. Add tomatoes.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

17 Responses to “Dorito Oreo Popcorn”

Ashley — January 30, 2013 at 9:51 am

I am intrigued! I like Oreos and Doritos separately, so I will have to give this popcorn a try. My three-year-old is King of Interesting Combinations, so I know I’ll have a buddy to share it with. 🙂

• beantownbaker — January 30th, 2013 @ 12:12 pm

Hubby definitely kind of gave me a weird look when I was chowing down on this 😉

chelsea @ serves two — January 30, 2013 at 11:30 pm

no way! i just posted some doritos chocolate chip cookies on my blog! love the chocolate/dorito combo! this looks super delish 🙂

• beantownbaker — January 31st, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

That is crazy! I bet Doritos in cookies is amazing!

Karen — February 1, 2013 at 12:32 am

Love this idea! Definitely going to try it soon. I am also thinking Sun Chips would be an awesome part of the combination

nicole @ i am a Honey Bee — February 1, 2013 at 4:06 pm

this is weird… I like it.

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2013 @ 9:47 pm

weird? absolutely. delicous? for sure 😉

Megan — February 1, 2013 at 7:22 pm

What an interesting combo. I always did popcorn, Sourpatch Kids, and Raisinets at the movies, so I can see how this would work.

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2013 @ 9:47 pm

Woah – now that’s an interesting combination. I like all of those things separately. I’m going to have to try them all together the next time I go to a movie.

Kris @everywhereorange.com — February 2, 2013 at 4:38 pm

This sounds amazing. i should admit that i am 37 weeks pregnant and have eaten a ton of oreos and doritos this pregnancy, why oh why didn’t i think to put them together!!! thank you!!!!

• beantownbaker — February 3rd, 2013 @ 9:46 pm

Haha, glad I gave you the idea. Hope you like them together 😉

Erica @ In and Around Town — February 5, 2013 at 10:39 am

This combination is crazy, but that just means I am going to have to go home and try it. This could totally hit the spot I am sure 🙂

• beantownbaker — February 6th, 2013 @ 11:43 am

Let me know what you think if you do try it

Joy — February 7, 2013 at 8:57 am

I happen to think this sounds perfect, and not at all strange. But i’m the girl that likes to eat dortitos inside my PB&J sandwiches, and dip french fries in milkshakes…..so to me this makes sense! I’ll have to give it a try – thanks for posting!

• beantownbaker — February 7th, 2013 @ 6:20 pm

OMG I totally forgot about Doritos inside a PB&J!! I used to do that too. MMmmm.

Sues — February 7, 2013 at 11:08 am

OK this is totally weird, but I would totally eat it. Talk about a junk food dream!

• beantownbaker — February 7th, 2013 @ 6:18 pm

It’s totally a junk food dream 🙂