Chicken Sausage, Spinach, Tomato, and Goat cheese quiche

Hubby’s mom and her boyfriend were coming into town and I decided to make brunch for us. I wanted something with protein that was somewhat healthy. I decided to go with a crustless quiche. I got the idea from this quiche in Katie’s blog. I took that idea and just threw in things that I like. I made mine with chicken sausage, goat cheese, tomato, and spinach. I made it on Saturday and just reheated it in the oven Sunday morning and it was delicious. Hubby liked it so much he had me make another one the next weekend for just the two of us.

Crustless Quiche – by ME! – serves 6
4 eggs
2 egg whites
3/4 c Greek yogurt
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
2 chicken sausage links – sliced
fresh spinach – chopped
1/2 carton cherry tomatoes – sliced in 1/2
salt and pepper to taste

Grease a pie plate and preheat oven to 375.

Whisk yogurt, goat cheese, eggs, and egg whites in a bowl. Set aside.

In a skillet, heat the sliced chicken sausage. When it is almost done, add the spinach. When spinach has begun to wilt, add chicken and spinach to egg mixture. Add tomatoes.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

7 Responses to “Raw Summer Vegetable “Pasta””

Daisy — September 23, 2010 at 12:25 am

This looks delicious! I love that you guys plowed through it as an afternoon snack!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — September 23, 2010 at 12:30 am

I love using veggies as a healthy substitute for pasta. My favorite is a little more obvious – spaghetti squash!

Also, I got your DM about the photo. I’ve been crazy busy but I’ll email it to everyone tonight!

nutmegnanny — September 23, 2010 at 1:11 am

What a great salad! It’s perfect for saying goodbye to summer 🙂

A Bitchin' Kitchen — September 23, 2010 at 3:09 am

This looks so good! Yummy produce is really the only thing I’ll miss about summer time. I came across your site earlier today while searching for a pumpkin spice cheesecake brownie recipe (which I plan on making tomorrow btw). You have some great recipes and I’ll definitely be returning!

Lisa — September 23, 2010 at 4:50 am

What a great vegetarian dish. With all those gorgeous colors it’s a feast for the eyes as well as for the palate.

Eliana — September 23, 2010 at 3:17 pm

What a gorgeous dish. It looks super delicious too.

The Small Boston Kitchen — September 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

YUM! Great way to (healthily) soak up the last bits of summer flavors! Looks great…