Crockpot beef and peppers

This recipe comes from my stepmom. Hubby couldn’t remember the time she made this for us, but he sure did love it today. It was SO easy to throw together and just forget about it all day. When we walked in after a long day of work, it smelled delicious in our house.

We served this on a bun with some hickory smoked goat cheese. The cheese mixed very well with this meet which had a little bite from the pepperocini.

Crockpot beef and peppers

Printable Recipe5 lb Chuck Roast – I used boneless rump roast
1 tsp garlic salt – I used 1 tsp minced garlic + 1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
8 oz jar pepperocini with juice
12 oz can beer
I also added some chopped onions that we had in the fridge
Put everything into the crockpot. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.

We halved the recipe and got enough for 6 sandwiches.

6 Responses to “BBQ Chicken Pizza Sticks”

nutmegnanny — February 15, 2010 at 3:05 pm

These look great! I just recently broke down and tried BBQ chicken pizza. It’s delicious! I should give this recipe a try this week. I know my boyfriend would love it.

Joanne — February 15, 2010 at 7:27 pm

My favorite pizza place when I lived in Boston was Sicilia’s…I love their stuffed pizza. It was always our go-to on Superbowl Sunday.

I, like you, only eat pizza sparingly now though and its typically homemade. there are just so many good toppings you can put on homemade pizza that you can’t find in pizza places (sweet potatoes?). This bbq chicken pizza looks delicious!

Julie — February 16, 2010 at 1:36 am

That’s sounds great any way you serve it up.

CB — February 16, 2010 at 4:15 am

Whoa whoa whoa!!? You’re NOT a pizza person? How are we friends? I think we need to break up. HA HA! BBQ pizza sticks sounds awesome. I’m definitely starring for next party. Yum!

Jen — February 16, 2010 at 4:21 am

I blame it on my stomach issues CB. Plus, I ate enough pizza in college to last a life time!

yumventures — February 16, 2010 at 1:53 pm

They sound great! I always love new ways to serve old favorites =)