Banana Bars with Cream Cheese frosting

These banana bars are my all-time favorite. They’re so moist and delicious. The cream cheese frosting on top goes with the banana bars perfectly.

Banana Bars – from my mom (no idea where it came from originally) – makes ~3dozen bars1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch salt

Preheat oven to 350F. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, bananas, and vanilla.

Combine to flour, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.

Pour into a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until bars test done. Cool.

Frosting
1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
4 cups confectioners sugar
1 package (8 ounces) softened cream cheese
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Cream butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat well. Spread over bars.

10 Responses to “Strawberry Cobbler”

Stephanie — May 31, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I don’t eat strawberries but Alex does so I am looking forward to all the great recipes you’ll be sharing with us this week!

Btw, I gave you a blog award 🙂

We Are Not Martha — June 1, 2010 at 2:20 am

This looks like the perfect little summer dessert 🙂 I, too, am happy just popping strawberries in my mouth, but always welcome a more desserty type option. I love your little dessert cups, too!

Sues

kelly — June 1, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I CAN’T WAIT TO TRY THESE, THE LOOK WONDERFUL!

Elina — June 1, 2010 at 8:51 pm

I love love love strawberries and love your idea of doing a whole week of recipes featuring them. I must stop by the farmers market on Friday to pick some up!

yumventures — June 1, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I LOVE individually sized desserts! And strawberries! Looks amazing 🙂

Carrie — June 3, 2010 at 5:36 pm

My husband goes Strawberry picking every year and my mom makes him Jam, I think I might have to make these for him this year too.

alexandjess — June 21, 2010 at 7:37 pm

I hate to be negative, but this recipe was a little disappointing for me.
    I loved! the cobbler topping. But the filling was way too sweet. It was like eating strawberry jam straight from the jar. And I even cut the sugar down to 1/3 cup and used about 3 cups of strawberries.
    Thanks so much for sharing it though. I look forward to trying the cobbler topping with other fruit fillings.

Jen — June 29, 2010 at 2:19 am

alexandjess – sorry to hear you didn’t like the fruit filling in this recipe. I wasn’t using the ripest berries when I made it. Maybe that’s why it was too sweet for you? Bummer either way 🙁

Memória — July 4, 2010 at 4:45 am

What a beautiful cobbler! The filling looks pretty and bright.

Sophia — July 6, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Wow, great job here. Awesome picture too! You should really consider submitting this to Recipe4Living’s Fall Cobbler Recipe Contest! It looks delicious!