12 Days of Cookies – Butter Ball Cookies

These cookies are very similar to the Chocolate Chip Snowballs I made on Day 6 of my 12 Days of Cookies, except they have no chocolate chips in them. I found this dough to be way too crumbly to form into balls. I had to add a little over a teaspoon of water to the dough to be able to work with it. These are one of my stepmom’s favorite holiday cookies, so I decided to add it to the 12 Days of Cookies. Again, I made a 1/2 batch and I got 12 cookies.

I took these to work and brought them to my last day of Spanish class (yes, I’m trying to learn Spanish. If anyone knows Spanish and wants to help me practice, let me know!) Our professor told us to bring treats if we wanted. My class only has 5 people in it, so this half batch provided the perfect number of cookies.

Butter Ball Cookies – from Cooks.com – makes 2 dozen1 1/2 c. nuts – I used walnuts
1 c. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. soft butter
1/4 tsp. salt
Powdered sugar

Chop nuts very fine. Put into mixing bowl.

Add all remaining ingredients (I creamed the butter and sugar, then added the rest of the ingredients and stirred by hand). Chill dough 1/2 hour.

Form dough 1 inch into balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set (not brown).

Cool and roll in powdered sugar. Makes 2 dozen cookies.

My 12 Days of Cookies:Day 1: Lumberjacks
Day 2: Peppermint Sandies
Day 3: The great Sugar Cookie Debate
Day 4: Fudge
Day 5: Cranberry Orange Cookies
Day 6: Chocolate Chip Snowballs
Day 7: Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
Day 8: Snickerdoodles
Day 9: Candy Cane  & Mint Kiss Cookies
Day 10: Chocolate Peppermint Meringue Cookies

13 Responses to “Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting”

SimplySweeter — May 5, 2010 at 11:56 am

Oh yum Jen! These look absolutely delicious! What a great July 4th treat…..maybe split them and serve ’em up like a Strawberry Shortcake??? Yum.

KV — May 5, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Hi Jen, by any chance do you remember about how many strawberries you used for the recipe and also for filling? I have maybe 10-15 strawberries at home that need to be used asap and wondered if that was enough?

Jen — May 5, 2010 at 2:37 pm

KV – Sorry I don’t. We had a big thing of strawberries in the fridge that Hubby had cut up for us to snack on. I would say it was less than a pint, but pretty close to a pint? Not really sure. Sorry I can’t be more help.

hannah! — May 5, 2010 at 4:47 pm

strawberries are my favorite fruit ever! in my opinion, they always should be enjoyed fresh no matter what. even in desserts! 😀 your cupcakes look great, by the wayaoh

Cupcake Activist — May 5, 2010 at 5:03 pm

I’ve heard that strawberry cake doesn’t end up being that sweet, but maybe the addition of fresh strawberries on top changes things. I’m a huge strawberry fan, so I’m anxious to try this.

Jen — May 5, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Cupcake Activist – I could definitely see that the batter itself might not be that sweet. I thought they were great with the additional strawberries added in.

Kerstin — May 5, 2010 at 8:07 pm

This looks divine. I made the Sky High strawberry cake with frozen berries and I thought it was really good, but I’d like to try again with fresh ones too! Your hubby has some very luck coworkers 🙂

Brisbane Baker — May 6, 2010 at 11:12 am

Love this recipe.. infact all of your cupcake recipes. I made your Fauxtess cupcakes the other day and turned out wonderfully.. This is now on my wish list. :

We Are Not Martha — May 6, 2010 at 2:42 pm

These look so simple and beautiful! I love strawberry cake and I especially love the way the fresh strawberries look inside 🙂

Sues

Miss. Tarrah Dame — May 19, 2010 at 2:17 am

cant go wrong with strawberry…just made strawberry marscapone filled cupcakes myself! 🙂

soohyunee — May 25, 2010 at 12:01 am

I love how you frosted these cupcakes!! did you start from the inside and go out with a 1M tip?

Jen — May 25, 2010 at 12:03 am

Yes, soohyunee, to make the rosette, I started in the center and swirled around to the outside.

ecommerce wordpress — October 24, 2020 at 11:20 pm

I love reading tһrough an article that can mɑke people tһink.
    Also, mɑny tһanks for permitting me tto comment!

Have a l᧐oк at my page: ecommerce wordpress