Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

The second pie for my pie competition is the Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. I saw this in Bakerella’s blog a while ago and new I needed to make it. I was shooting for best combination (pie + ice cream) with this one. Who can resist warm chocolate chip gooeyness plus vanilla bean ice cream?!?

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie – as seen on Bakerella
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell – I used this recipe
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans
Serve with ice cream (optional)

Preheat oven 325 degrees F.

Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy.

Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter.

Stir in morsels and nuts and spoon into pie shell.

Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.

6 Responses to “Chocolate Sorbet”

Sarah C — April 22, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Is there any way to make this without an ice cream maker? I love the idea of this chocolate sorbet and was totally on board until the last part. Now I’m very curious and might have to do some googling after my daughter goes to bed.

• beantownbaker — April 22nd, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

I just started making ice cream after getting the ice cream attachment for my mixer. So I don’t personally have any experience making ice cream without an ice cream maker. I’m sure it’s been done. If you do make this without an ice cream maker, let me know how it turns out!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — April 23, 2013 at 7:14 am

Great idea! Love chocolate ice cream and I love you don’t need cream or eggs! Going to try this recipe!

• beantownbaker — April 23rd, 2013 @ 7:44 am

Let me know what you think of it. We really enjoyed it!

lili — May 5, 2014 at 5:13 pm

I added 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp vanilla. It was delicious.

• beantownbaker — May 12th, 2014 @ 4:53 pm

So glad you enjoyed it! I love adding salt to desserts. I will definitely have to do the same next time I make this.