PINK M&M Treats

This might be one of the last pink thing I make this month, but who knows… I think our coworkers and friends might be sick of seeing pink baked goods! Although I’m sure they don’t mind. I’m submitting these for my Power of Pink Challenge. I love making these M&M Treats because they’re so easy but SO FREAKING tasty. Especially if you love salty-and-sweet things. One of my personal favorite combinations is chocolate with anything salty – pretzels, potato chips, Fritos… I’ve used this last combo a couple times throughout the years, including the Frito candy I made last year and the Frito-candy inspired cupcakes I made for Cupcake Hero: Cocoa. And I love all things simple. It is fun to bust out some advanced baking skills, but sometimes the simplest things are the best. These little guys are a perfect illustration of that thought.

Easy M&M Treats (by ME!)
1 1-lb bag of mini-pretzels
2 big bag of M&Ms
2 packages of Almond Bark or 2 bags of Wilton candy melts (white)

Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. Lie pretzels (flat side down) on the waxed paper. They can be very close to each other.

Melt almond bark/candy melts according to the directions on the package. Using a spoon, scoop some of the melted almond bark into the holes of the pretzels OR using a squeeze bottle, squeeze melted candy into holes of pretzels.

Before it starts to set, put 3 M&Ms into the holes. This is where it helps to have an extra set of hands. Usually I pour the melted almond bark while Hubby puts the M&Ms in.

When the sheet is full, put it in the freezer or outside to let the almond candy is set. I like to store mine in the freezer as well.

10 Responses to “Chocolate Fudge Swirl Ice Cream”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — August 14, 2013 at 8:42 am

My ice cream with coconut milk keeps freezing solid, into a very solid rock. Any ideas what the problem is? I have a recipe going up tomorrow, with a disclaimer that you need to defrost it if you freeze it overnight, heh…

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:16 am

Hm. I have noticed that some of my ice creams do need to sit on the counter for a bit before they’re scoopable. But I haven’t noticed if it’s related to the coconut milk or not… Mine is usually fine after sitting out for 10 minutes or so…

Shannon — August 14, 2013 at 12:00 pm

you are on a roll with the frozen treats! sounds like its been a good summer 🙂

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:34 am

I definitely am on a roll this summer… Homemade ice cream is just so dang good.

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — August 14, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Love that you use coconut milk with all of this chocolate!

• beantownbaker — August 16th, 2013 @ 8:19 am

I love the subtle coconut flavor that it provides!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs — August 19, 2013 at 9:05 am

So much chocolaty goodness, wow I need this in my life. This ice cream looks beyond amazing!! Pinning :))

Nutmeg Nanny — August 19, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Chocolate fudge <3 oh my! This looks wonderful!

Tracy | Pale Yellow — August 23, 2013 at 10:12 am

That’s where those extra pounds have come from! Delicious homemade ice cream ruins all diets, but it’s just so yummy! This batch looks fantastic!

• beantownbaker — August 23rd, 2013 @ 10:40 am

Absolutely! It’s so worth it.