PINK M&M Treats

This might be one of the last pink thing I make this month, but who knows… I think our coworkers and friends might be sick of seeing pink baked goods! Although I’m sure they don’t mind. I’m submitting these for my Power of Pink Challenge. I love making these M&M Treats because they’re so easy but SO FREAKING tasty. Especially if you love salty-and-sweet things. One of my personal favorite combinations is chocolate with anything salty – pretzels, potato chips, Fritos… I’ve used this last combo a couple times throughout the years, including the Frito candy I made last year and the Frito-candy inspired cupcakes I made for Cupcake Hero: Cocoa. And I love all things simple. It is fun to bust out some advanced baking skills, but sometimes the simplest things are the best. These little guys are a perfect illustration of that thought.

Easy M&M Treats (by ME!)
1 1-lb bag of mini-pretzels
2 big bag of M&Ms
2 packages of Almond Bark or 2 bags of Wilton candy melts (white)

Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper. Lie pretzels (flat side down) on the waxed paper. They can be very close to each other.

Melt almond bark/candy melts according to the directions on the package. Using a spoon, scoop some of the melted almond bark into the holes of the pretzels OR using a squeeze bottle, squeeze melted candy into holes of pretzels.

Before it starts to set, put 3 M&Ms into the holes. This is where it helps to have an extra set of hands. Usually I pour the melted almond bark while Hubby puts the M&Ms in.

When the sheet is full, put it in the freezer or outside to let the almond candy is set. I like to store mine in the freezer as well.

9 Responses to “I’ll have S’more”

Elly — March 11, 2008 at 2:50 am

These look SO good. I was actually looking for s’mores _____ because I wanted to bake something with chocolate and marshmallows. These may be just the thing!

Michelle — March 11, 2008 at 2:58 am

These are so cute! Now I’m craving real smores!

slush — March 11, 2008 at 3:02 am

So freakin cute, I love them, so would my boys. Just today, Liam was picking up sticks in the yard and asked if he could start a fire so that he could make smores. I kid you not. He is 5. Where do they get these ideas?

Adorable Jen! Thanks so much!

CB — March 11, 2008 at 3:03 am

I lurve smores! Your mini smore cupcakes are so fabulous. Great job!
    -Clara

Jaime — March 11, 2008 at 4:43 am

yum! what a great idea!

bakingblonde — March 11, 2008 at 11:55 am

That idea is brilliant! Smores is one of my favorite all time treats and who doesn’t love a mini muffin? Wow, what a great idea.

kate — March 12, 2008 at 3:06 pm

WOW. those look completely luscious!
    want some.
    i’m hoping to enter the hero challenge this time, but i can’t quite decide what to make. . .

———–
    kate
    join the cookie carnival!

Erin — March 19, 2008 at 1:42 pm

These are so wrong, but so right! That batch would be seriously unsafe in my house. They’d have to be given away immediately or I’d risk eating every last one and never fitting in my pants again.

Sarah — March 31, 2010 at 8:52 pm

These will be perfect for an upcoming family vacation. We’re not camping, but are renting a house with a fire pit and we usually spend every night out there making s’mores. I can easily make the cupcakes beforehand and then we can roast the marshmallows outside. It will be something cute and different. Thanks for this recipe!!!