Peppery Lemon Brown Sugar Salmon (Bookmarked Recipes)

Hubby and I are back on track with meal planning. Basically, on Sunday we plan our meals for the week and buy all the groceries needed for those meals. It makes the week nights so much less stressful. Plus since there are only two of us, cooking one night usually provides leftovers for the next day either for lunch or dinner.

I wanted something easy for tonight’s dinner and I had a star on this recipe for quite a while. It was very easy to throw together. I served it with some veggies and roasted potatoes (the Green Giant frozen kind – yum!) We both loved this salmon and agreed to make it any time we need something quick to throw together. I’m submitting these to the weekly blogging event: Bookmarked Recipes.

Peppery Lemon Brown Sugar Salmon – from CB – originally from Rebecca
1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets (bones removed)
3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Pat the salmon fillets dry. Brush with melted butter. Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and mix. Sprinkle the seasonings over the salmon, and press down gently.

On a lightly greased baking sheet (I forgot to grease mine at all), bake for 20-25 minutes. Line the sheet with foil for easy cleanup.

9 Responses to “Bacon wrapped, Goat cheese and almond stuffed Dates”

Joelen — August 1, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Now I think bacon wrapped dates are amazing… but stuffed with goat cheese & almond?! Yum! I wish I knew of this before my Tapas party last weekend 🙂

Nate — August 21, 2008 at 8:06 pm

These are absolutely amazing!

ttfn300 — August 27, 2008 at 2:53 pm

wow sooooo good, recently had something like these (maybe minus the goat cheese?) at a reception. but i love goat cheese. need to buy me some dates 🙂

gaga — December 17, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Yay for goat cheese! It really does make them better, doesn’t it?

aleta meadowlark — March 17, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Okay, so I had these babies at a party in rural Massachusetts this weekend, and I have no idea who made them (they were part of a HUGE spread and like 100 people brought food), and I’m wondering, given your proximity, whether or not I may have possibly eaten your delights unknowingly?

Jen — March 17, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Aleta – it was not me, although it sounds like a great party. These always get gobbled up anywhere we take them!

biz319 — July 30, 2009 at 5:16 pm

do you think these would be good at room temperature?

I am going to an outdoor concert next week and wanted to bring some finger food!

Jen — July 30, 2009 at 5:19 pm

These are awesome at room temperature. We’ve made them a ton. You can make them and refrigerate for a couple days before grilling/broiling, you can also go ahead and cook them just leave them at room temperature. I prefer them at room temperature actually.

Beryl — December 2, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Would you imagine using some milder-tasting cheese like Brie tasting good?