Pizza Roll

Hubby and I had a party to go to. It was actually the finals for our Beirut league. Yes, we play in a Beirut league. I always called it Beer Pong, but here they call it Beirut. Anyways, the finals were coming up and we knew it was going to be a long night of drinking, so I wanted to make some food that would help soak up the alcohol.

The pizza roll was a huge hit. I baked it the day before and cut and refrigerated it overnight. Then I popped it into the oven to reheat it. I served it with ranch dressing and marinara sauce.

I followed the recipe from Allrecipes.com except for a few minor changes. I made 2 loafs (since there were 20 teams of 2 people each) and they were gone in an instant.

Pizza Roll (from Allrecipes.com)
1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough – I used refrigerated French Loaf
1/4 pound Genoa salami, thinly sliced
1/4 pound pepperoni sausage, sliced
1/4 pound provolone cheese, sliced
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
I added some Italian seasoning on top prior to baking

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.

Roll pizza crust dough into an approximately 10×14 inch rectangle on the baking sheet. Layer with Genoa salami, pepperoni and provolone cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese to within 1/2 inch from edges of the dough. Roll jelly roll style. Seal the edge with a fork.

Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, or until golden brown (I covered with foil the last 5 minutes so it wouldn’t brown too much on the top). Slice into 1 inch pieces to serve.

20 Responses to “Cookie Dough Brownies”

stephchows — December 7, 2009 at 4:34 pm

this is such a fantastic idea!! I would make cookie dough batter with my friends in middle school… leave out the eggs, and just eat it with a spoon LOL so good!

nutmegnanny — December 7, 2009 at 4:52 pm

This looks awesome! Since I’m a huge fan of cookie dough I know I will love this recipe 🙂

Lauren — December 7, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Ha – my husband loves the dough more than the cookie as well. I starred these – DEFINITELY making them soon.

We Are Not Martha — December 7, 2009 at 8:06 pm

Oooh these look delicious!! And combine the best of 2 worlds 🙂

Sues

laurasrecipecollection — December 8, 2009 at 12:17 am

holy cow! cookie dough + brownie? I think I’m in heaven

Justin — December 8, 2009 at 4:21 am

what a cool idea for the cookie dough layer. i used to make raw cookie dough (with egg beaters) and keep it in the freezer just for snacking

oneordinaryday — December 8, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Yum. I made a similar recipe but I put a thin chocolate ganache on top. It’s one of the best recipes I’ve posted, but I’m a sucker for that raw dough.

I think I might have to agree with your bro and hubby. I love chocolate chip cookies, but it’s the dough that makes me weak in the knees! This recipe is right up my alley.

Jelli Bean — December 8, 2009 at 3:43 pm

These look great! I also let my husband lick the beaters, but occasionally I slink behind the counter beside the sink and keep all the batter for myself. He’s usually too involved with TV to even notice.

Ingrid — December 10, 2009 at 6:33 pm

LOL, oh my gosh! I just noticed this had a anti-Weight Watchers label. How funny!

Those look insanely good!!Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    ~ingrid

e — December 11, 2009 at 12:42 pm

My high school made cookie dough covered brownies back in the day. They had a cult following and always sold out before the last lunch period. I never understood why you needed the brownie when a spoon works just fine.

laquillen — December 11, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Oh man. So sinful. Reminds me of the Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream “Half Baked. Half brownie, half cookie dough. I can’t say no to that stuff.

whatwelovemost — December 11, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Yummmm!! Oh my goodnessIsao adore cookie dough… This combination is beautiful!

Peggy — December 13, 2009 at 11:46 am

sounds delicious!

Miss Yunks — December 15, 2009 at 5:30 pm

these brownies looked so good I tried to make them myself! I love cookie dough AND brownies – perfect combo! Yours look much better of course. Here are mine: http://foodiesatworkdotcom.blogspot.com/2009/12/cookie-dough-brownies.html

Liesl — December 15, 2009 at 6:01 pm

YUM! These sound great!

A & W — December 30, 2009 at 8:53 am

AHHHH these look amaaazzzinnngggg. A little late in finding these but yeah I’m gonna need to make them.
    -Whitney

A & W — December 30, 2009 at 8:53 am

-Whitney

bcallegra — January 11, 2010 at 12:27 am

I just made these and they got rave reviews at work! Definitely a keeper – thanks, as always, for sharing a great recipe and photos!

Jade — April 15, 2010 at 6:27 pm

The best of both worlds!! These look awesome.

PIYALI CHATTERJEE — October 19, 2016 at 12:20 am