Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies (Bookmarked Recipes)

Well, it’s that time of year again. Time for our beer pong league to start up. Every season, I make all sorts of yummy treats for my fellow beer pong-ers to taste. They always go over well. For the kick-off to the season, I wanted to make some cookies. I think cookies go better with beer than cupcakes because you can eat a cookie easily with one hand while holding a beer in the other. So I plan to have hubby pick a cookie recipe every week for me to bake for beer pong. Since the temperature outside is dropping, I’ve been in the mood for pumpkin. So I chose this week instead of hubby. I’m submitting these to the weekly blogging event: Bookmarked Recipes.

These cookies are very good. I love cakey cookies and these fit the bill. The batter alone is very good – hubby was mad I washed the beater without letting him lick it. The batter does separate after the pumpkin goes in, but it comes back together as you add the flour mixture. I multiplied the recipe by 1.75 since the can of pumpkin had 1 3/4 cup of pumpkin in it. This yielded 2 cookies short of 7 dozen (or 82) cookies for me.

Mine poofed up and were VERY cakey. Amber’s didn’t look as cakey. Does anyone know why that is? I did refrigerate my dough for about 20 minutes before the first batch went it. All my ingredients were at room temperature and I did use my stand mixer for the batter. I also sifted the dry ingredients together.

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip cookies – from Amber’s Delectable Delightsmakes ~3.5 dozen
2 1/2 cup ap flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup chocolate chips or raisins – I used white chocolate chips
1/2 – 1 cup pecans or walnuts (optional) – I omitted

Preheat oven 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Whisk together flour, leavening, salt and spices.

In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars. Beat in egg, then vanilla, then pumpkin. Add flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.

Drop by tablespoons and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350F. Bake them until theyโ€™re lightly browned at the edges, but not dark.

Remove to a wire rack to cool.

Nutritional Information: (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 cookie: 60.5 Calories, 2.1 g Fat, 10.3 mg Cholesterol, 70.1 mg Sodium, 65.5 mg Potassium, 9.8 g Carbs, 0.9 g Dietary Fiber, 6.3 g Sugar, 0.8 g Protein WW POINTS = 1

19 Responses to “Dairy Free Chocolate Cookies ‘N Cream Ice Cream”

Christine @ Christine's Kitchen Chronicles — January 22, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Yum that looks delicious and welcome back to my hometown! Cincinnati’s actually a great town that grows on you and has been evolving quite a bit in the time that you’ve been away. I suspect given your profession and work location history that we probably work for the same company as our day jobs ;).

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2013 @ 8:30 am

Yes, Cincinnati has changed a LOT since we moved away in 2007.

I would suspect you’re right. There’s enough info to know where I work, especially if you work here too ๐Ÿ˜‰ Going to go check out your blog now. I would love to meet some other Cincinnati area bloggers!

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2013 @ 8:31 am

Ok I work for the *other* big company in town (just checked your About page).

Eva @ Eva Bakes — January 23, 2013 at 10:55 am

Isn’t the KA ice cream attachment the best thing ever? I am always making ice cream, even in the wintertime, but I never thought of using canned coconut milk as the base. I’ll have to try this out soon!

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2013 @ 11:37 am

Absolutely. I didn’t think I could love my KAM any more than I already did. The ice cream attachment proved that I can.

Cara — January 23, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I have lots of cans of coconut milk laying around and I know they make a good ice cream! Adding this one to my list ๐Ÿ™‚

tracy {pale yellow} — January 23, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I bought myself KA ice creamer maker for my birthday this summer and I adore it! I’ve been thinking about making non-dairy ice creams, but the recipes all sounded strange. It’s great to see a recipe from a trusted source. Can’t wait to try.

• beantownbaker — January 23rd, 2013 @ 10:28 pm

Let me know what you think if you try it. I am going to be experimenting with different milks since I can’t have cow’s milk…

Shannon — January 24, 2013 at 11:08 am

love coconut milk based ice creams!! this one looks fabulous, and good call throwing in those oreos ๐Ÿ˜‰

• beantownbaker — January 24th, 2013 @ 12:05 pm

It’s ALWAYS a good idea to throw oreos in ๐Ÿ™‚

Sabine — January 29, 2013 at 12:07 am

My brother’s favorite thing to get at Coldstone is chocolate oreo ice cream. Too bad I don’t have an ice cream maker, or I would definitely try this!

• beantownbaker — January 29th, 2013 @ 7:51 am

I’ve been told you can make ice cream without an ice cream maker. I never tried it before I got mine though…

Mary — January 31, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I just made your recipe and luckily I tasted it before I cooled it. The ratio of sugar to cocoa powder is off. You should use at least twice the amount of sugar to cocoa powder in order for it not to have a horribly bitter taste. After adding more sugar it had a nice sweet to chocolately balance. Thanks for the recipe, my daughter is lactose intolerant and she will enjoy it.

• beantownbaker — January 31st, 2013 @ 2:03 pm

I am glad you were able to adjust this recipe to suit your needs. Hubby and I both enjoyed the sweetness level of this recipe. I’m sure different cocoa powders have different levels of sweetness. I plan to try this recipe without the cocoa powder to make vanilla ice cream too. We loved the creaminess of it!

Efrain Stamper — March 11, 2013 at 3:08 am

This look yummy and chocolate ice cream is one of my favorite. Thanks for sharing the directions and ingredients.

Sara — April 24, 2013 at 9:36 am

I just opened a can of coconut milk and it looked extremely curdled. I shook it a lot but it was still completely curdled. Is that how coconut milk is supposed to be out of the can? Are there any brands that you specifically like to use?

Raigon — October 21, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Oh how I wish I could try this.. I am currently gluten and dairy free.. However this being dairy free is is not gluten free with the oreo’s… Bummer!!

• beantownbaker — October 23rd, 2013 @ 12:28 am

I’ve made this recipe again without the Oreos and it’s really good. Not quite as good as with the Oreos, but if you wanted to make it gluten free, just leave them out.