Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies (Bookmarked Recipes)

Well, it’s that time of year again. Time for our beer pong league to start up. Every season, I make all sorts of yummy treats for my fellow beer pong-ers to taste. They always go over well. For the kick-off to the season, I wanted to make some cookies. I think cookies go better with beer than cupcakes because you can eat a cookie easily with one hand while holding a beer in the other. So I plan to have hubby pick a cookie recipe every week for me to bake for beer pong. Since the temperature outside is dropping, I’ve been in the mood for pumpkin. So I chose this week instead of hubby. I’m submitting these to the weekly blogging event: Bookmarked Recipes.

These cookies are very good. I love cakey cookies and these fit the bill. The batter alone is very good – hubby was mad I washed the beater without letting him lick it. The batter does separate after the pumpkin goes in, but it comes back together as you add the flour mixture. I multiplied the recipe by 1.75 since the can of pumpkin had 1 3/4 cup of pumpkin in it. This yielded 2 cookies short of 7 dozen (or 82) cookies for me.

Mine poofed up and were VERY cakey. Amber’s didn’t look as cakey. Does anyone know why that is? I did refrigerate my dough for about 20 minutes before the first batch went it. All my ingredients were at room temperature and I did use my stand mixer for the batter. I also sifted the dry ingredients together.

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip cookies – from Amber’s Delectable Delightsmakes ~3.5 dozen
2 1/2 cup ap flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup chocolate chips or raisins – I used white chocolate chips
1/2 – 1 cup pecans or walnuts (optional) – I omitted

Preheat oven 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Whisk together flour, leavening, salt and spices.

In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars. Beat in egg, then vanilla, then pumpkin. Add flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.

Drop by tablespoons and bake for 12-14 minutes at 350F. Bake them until they’re lightly browned at the edges, but not dark.

Remove to a wire rack to cool.

Nutritional Information: (please double check with your ingredients and serving sizes – I use this recipe calculator)
1 cookie: 60.5 Calories, 2.1 g Fat, 10.3 mg Cholesterol, 70.1 mg Sodium, 65.5 mg Potassium, 9.8 g Carbs, 0.9 g Dietary Fiber, 6.3 g Sugar, 0.8 g Protein WW POINTS = 1

17 Responses to “Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls and How to Freeze Cinnamon Rolls”

Megan — January 10, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I think it’s very interesting that KAF has you freeze after baking. With most yeast things, you can pop them in the freezer before the second rise, and then take them out the night before, let them have a slow rise in the fridge, and then leave them out until they are proofed and then bake. It seems so much easier to just partially bake them. Interesting.

All the flavors sound incredible!

Lauren — January 10, 2011 at 5:23 pm

1. Pumpkin cinnamon rolls are fabulous, and these look great!
    2. I love the tip about pre-baking the rolls before freezing. I will definitely be employing that technique :).

Boston Food Diary — January 10, 2011 at 5:30 pm

These sound AMAZING! I’ve been fearful of making cinnamon rolls- both for the baking and having them around- this is great to know though! Thanks!

Bridget — January 10, 2011 at 5:42 pm

No fair using my recipe and then making prettier cinnamon rolls than me. Hmph!

Oh well, I suppose it’s worth it to find about this great freezing trick!

Anonymous — January 10, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Wow, do those look and sound delicious! Thanks for the info on how to freeze the rolls. I think I’ll attempt yeast soon.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — January 10, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Thanks for sharing the tip on freezing cinnamon rolls. I seriously love KAF’s helpful hints on their blog and website!

stephchows — January 10, 2011 at 6:09 pm

ok what a brilliant idea!! I love making pumpkin cinnamon rolls, I just made a batch last weekend 🙂

Rhondi — January 10, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Oh YUM! Thanks for the freezing tips. I wanted to make my kids homemade cinnamon rolls this weekend, but like you, didn’t want them sitting around to tempt me! Does the pumpkin make the rolls really moist? I’m saving this recipe.

Jen — January 10, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Rhondi – I found the dough to be similar to other cinnamon roll dough as far as the moistness goes.

Christina — January 10, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I haven’t had cinnamon rolls in such a long time! I can’t wait to try these.

In and Around Town — January 10, 2011 at 7:40 pm

These look great – the pumpkin is such a nice touch. Love the freezing tips!

EliFla — January 10, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Hello as I am sure you know here in Italy we use the yeast in very many recipes. To freeze some dough leavened with baking powder (such as croissants or Daddy), some experts have advised me after giving shape to freeze before the final rise, then remove from freezer the night before putting in the oven thawing, and morning turn on the oven and cook as usual. I must tell you that I tried and the result was perfect.
    Ciao Flavia

innochkaskitchen — January 11, 2011 at 12:25 am

Yum! I LOVE cinnamon rolls and pumpkin cinnamon rolls are definitely a nice change-up from the usual plain cinnamon rolls. Great recipe!

Michael - Innkeeper — January 11, 2011 at 1:29 am

pumpkin cinnamon rolls!? get out of town!? these look ah-mazing!!!!

Kerstin — January 12, 2011 at 3:29 am

I love your freezing tip! I actually haven’t tried making cinnamon rolls yet, but will soon! It’s nice to know you can make them the night before too and then just finish baking in the morning.

Torviewtoronto — January 12, 2011 at 4:27 pm

delicious a favourite I make similar

Tiffany @ Triple Crème Decadence — February 20, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I never knew pumpkin cinnamon rolls existed until now. Looks and sounds divine!