Color Week – Orange

Tuesday is orange day. Sorry for everyone who was looking for a baking post. This blog is becoming multi-purpose. I just don’t think I could maintain multiple blogs. So this is going to be my cooking / baking / photography / kitchen renovations blog. Hope you enjoy the change in pace.

Today, the world was against me and color week. We got home late from work and it’s rainy and nasty out. So I couldn’t make it outside to take pictures. So I’m cheating for color week today. I took these pictures yesterday while I was out finding red things to take pictures of… Sorry for breaking the rules.

This is the a church down the street from us. We have quite a few churches in our neighborhood.

This is an orange house right near our place. It’s actually a huge house that is used as a daycare. It’s right across the street from a cute little park. I love all the brightly colored houses in our neighborhood.

Hopefully I can be a better color week-er tomorrow and get out and take some yellow pictures after work.

9 Responses to “Tomatoes stuffed with Salmon Dill Dip (Barefoot Bloggers)”

webbie — July 24, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Welcome to the BBs. I did cucumber towers with mine the first time I made this, then stuffed cherry tomatoes and new potatoes for a work event today.

Your pics are great. Wish I’d thought of the salt.:-)

Sophie — July 24, 2008 at 6:08 pm

Hi Jen,

I just discovered your blog :). I’m Sophie from Flour Arrangements. In just about a week I’ll be moving to Boston (actually Cambridge) from Austin, and I’m hoping to start a cooking group when I get there. I actually TRY to cook dairy free too (although sometimes I need a little dairy in there, ya know?); so it’d be cool to have a fellow ‘somewhat non-dairy’ foodie in the group! Drop me a comment on my blog, or even an email, if you’re interested. It’s nice meeting you!

Oh, and feel free to tell any of your friends about it :).

Sophie
    Flour Arrangements

Ivy — July 24, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Wow, these look really good and refreshing! NIICE!

Joelen — July 24, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Your idea of stuffing them into tomatoes is great! And great tip on using salt!

Esi — July 24, 2008 at 9:19 pm

I love how you presented the dip. Nice work!

Inna's Culinary Inventions — July 25, 2008 at 2:52 am

What a wonderful idea to stuff tomatoes! These look great!

giz — July 25, 2008 at 8:19 pm

These would be fun to make. I’ll bet the hardest part was scooping out the tomatoes. They make for a delicious and colourful appetizer.

Megan — July 28, 2008 at 3:31 pm

excellent use of a dip! Love the salt idea.

Janna — July 31, 2008 at 5:10 pm

THIS LOOKS MARVELOUS! I need to start back again with BB now that we are settled in the new digs.