Nighttime Friday

Tonight we wrap up Photo Week with Nighttime. Hubby needed to run to the store late tonight so we walked through the park on the way home. We had fun playing with the nighttime setting on the camera. It actually does a really good job of focusing on the nearest object and applying the flash appropriately.

BUT, we had more fun holding the flash down (off) in nighttime mode. This led to a very long shutter speed. We used various sturdy posts and benches to hold the camera steady during the long shutter speeds. With the shutter being open for so long, it captures all the light even if that light it moving. Causes some cool effects. Oh and, I have to give credit where credit is due. Hubby actually took all three of these pictures. I was there to coach him the whole time though 🙂

This is a shot I really wanted to catch. It’s a bit overexposed on the bottom. I think that was because there was an oncoming car that turned the corner towards the end of the shutter being open (it was literally open about 8 seconds). It’s really cold out tonight so we didn’t want to wait for another single car to come by to retake the shot.

This is the park near our house. You may recognize it from previous pictures. Again, we’re holding down the flash on this picture.

Same park again. Recognize that checkers table? Again, no flash for this picture. I love how the lights look in the picture. Click on it to see a bigger version of the pic.

9 Responses to “Tomatoes stuffed with Salmon Dill Dip (Barefoot Bloggers)”

webbie — July 24, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Welcome to the BBs. I did cucumber towers with mine the first time I made this, then stuffed cherry tomatoes and new potatoes for a work event today.

Your pics are great. Wish I’d thought of the salt.:-)

Sophie — July 24, 2008 at 6:08 pm

Hi Jen,

I just discovered your blog :). I’m Sophie from Flour Arrangements. In just about a week I’ll be moving to Boston (actually Cambridge) from Austin, and I’m hoping to start a cooking group when I get there. I actually TRY to cook dairy free too (although sometimes I need a little dairy in there, ya know?); so it’d be cool to have a fellow ‘somewhat non-dairy’ foodie in the group! Drop me a comment on my blog, or even an email, if you’re interested. It’s nice meeting you!

Oh, and feel free to tell any of your friends about it :).

Sophie
    Flour Arrangements

Ivy — July 24, 2008 at 7:07 pm

Wow, these look really good and refreshing! NIICE!

Joelen — July 24, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Your idea of stuffing them into tomatoes is great! And great tip on using salt!

Esi — July 24, 2008 at 9:19 pm

I love how you presented the dip. Nice work!

Inna's Culinary Inventions — July 25, 2008 at 2:52 am

What a wonderful idea to stuff tomatoes! These look great!

giz — July 25, 2008 at 8:19 pm

These would be fun to make. I’ll bet the hardest part was scooping out the tomatoes. They make for a delicious and colourful appetizer.

Megan — July 28, 2008 at 3:31 pm

excellent use of a dip! Love the salt idea.

Janna — July 31, 2008 at 5:10 pm

THIS LOOKS MARVELOUS! I need to start back again with BB now that we are settled in the new digs.