Color Week – Green

This is the first week of my new schedule. I’m going to start working from home on Thursdays. This allows me to have some more freedom and flexibility around my work day. I sat at the computer in my jammies until about noon. Then hubby came home for lunch (he had a dentist appt so he was in the neighborhood). Then I went back to working. Around 2 I went out to the Farmers Market, to take some green pictures, and grab some things to make for dinner. Sure, I had to work a little later to make up for my hour and a half break, but its worth it in the end.

So here are my green pictures. Enjoy. Be sure to check out all of my Color Week photos on my Flickr set.

This fence is along Harvard Ave on the back side of our building. It’s a very tree-filled street.

Took this picture at the Farmer’s Market. They had some great veggies. I picked up some ground turkey and some goat cheese (some smoked and some chocolate). I know, chocolate! I don’t know what I’m going to do with it. Any suggestions are welcome.

Saw these flowers while walking home from the Farmers Market.

12 Responses to “Power of Pink Roundup”

Soli Deo Gloria — November 3, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Thank you for a lovely and informative round-up! With the number of entries, I think we have successfully raised awareness regarding breast cancer.

Ivy — November 3, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Thanks for the lovely round up and all the information given about breast cancer.

Priya — November 3, 2008 at 1:56 pm

Wonderful roundup..lovely entries, very informative about breast cancer..

Susan — November 3, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Thanks for the great roundup. What a great event…thanks for allowing me to participate. I hope we have helped to make other more aware!

Lubna Karim — November 3, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Awesome roundup. Iam very happy to be part of this event. Thanks a lot for the event and info on breast cancer and everything. Three cheers to your energy dear.

Nazarina A — November 3, 2008 at 6:15 pm

Thank you!
    This is such an informative and a beautiful array of culinary beauties! You have put so much effort into this for such an imperative cause!

Ricki — November 3, 2008 at 8:20 pm

Fabulous roundup–and so glad I could be part of it! Everything looks amazingly scrumptious and I can’t wait to try some of these recipes! (Maybe I missed something, but didn’t the event say make “anything” pink? Or did it have to be baked goods? I’m guessing there must be SOME other pink foods out there. . . ?!!). Well, more dessert for me!

Thanks for hosting this! 🙂

CB — November 3, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Awesome roundup! I love that it had such a diverse group of bloggers. Great personal touch with the facts and myths. Thanks for hosting! I hope you make it an annual event 🙂
    /Clara

John — November 4, 2008 at 10:27 am

The National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) program is dedicated to increasing awareness about the importance of the early detection of breast cancer through a nationwide campaign. A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast. Mammograms are the best method to detect breast cancer early when it is easier to treat and before it is big enough to feel or cause symptoms. Having regular mammograms can lower the risk of dying from breast cancer.
    ——————
    Bobwilliams
    social bookmarking

Susan from Food Blogga — November 4, 2008 at 12:59 pm

This was a terrific event, Jen. Thank you for hosting it.

Jen — November 4, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Thanks everyone. I hope you all had as much fun as I did. The entries are all great.

Julie — November 6, 2008 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for hosting this Jen! As everyone else said, lovely roundup. I’m so glad that I could participate, especially as one of my first blog events!