Tomatoes stuffed with Salmon Dill Dip (Barefoot Bloggers)

I recently joined yet another blogging group. The Barefoot Bloggers make only recipes from Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa). While I don’t have any of her cookbooks, I do enjoy watching her on the Food Network. Each month, 2 members get to choose a Barefoot Contessa recipe. Then we all post then on the same day (every other Thursday). So keep an eye out for my BB posts and also check out the blogroll to see everyone else’s posts.

The first BB recipe that I got to make as a Barefoot Blogger is the Smoked Salmon Spread (thanks Ashley for picking this great recipe!) I wanted to spruce it up, so I decided to stuff it into some tomatoes. The dip was very tasty and adding tomatoes into the mix added a freshness. I used a tip I read online somewhere to serve them on a bed of salt. The salt helps to prevent the tomatoes from rolling around.

Smoked Salmon Spread – from Barefoot Contessa Family Style, pg 35
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt – I omitted
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 pound (4 ounces) smoked salmon, minced

Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mix. Add the smoked salmon and mix well. Chill and serve with crudites or crackers.

To stuff tomatoes: I bought Campari tomatoes (they’re a little bigger than a golf ball). I cut a hole in the top then I used the end of a spoon to scoop out the insides including the seeds. I then rinsed in cool water and placed upside down on a paper towel to drain. I put the spread into a plastic bag and cut off the corner so I could pipe a little bit into each tomato. I garnished with fresh dill.

10 Responses to “Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — April 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

You probably saved a few calories too, by subbing the ham for shrimp! This looks amazing and I love the Mexican flavors.

• beantownbaker — April 29th, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

This is definitely a little bit lighter than a normal cobb salad.

Megan — April 29, 2013 at 11:46 am

I love this take on a cobb salad. The flavors all sound so fresh and bright!

Shannon — April 30, 2013 at 10:36 am

yum! this looks like one absolutely delicious salad. definitely starting to crave more salads, so this is sure to get into the rotation 🙂

• beantownbaker — May 14th, 2013 @ 7:21 am

I’ve been craving salads a lot too recently. I’m so glad spring is finally here.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Oh yum, I love cobb salad 🙂 this looks great!

Beth — July 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm

made this for dinner tonight…served the avocado and dressing on the side…everyone and I mean everyone went crazy over this….seconds were had and on a hot night like this it hit the spot…every bite brought out a new flavor..so so good…I follow a lot of blogs and make there recipes but none as much as yours…your recipes are easy, economical and full of flavor….and I love how you do a little bit of everything…keep them coming girl ….

• beantownbaker — July 21st, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words! So glad you enjoyed this salad. It’s SO flavorful.

nicole @ i am a Honey Bee — August 27, 2013 at 7:55 am

ooo I sooo need this.
    My mom is coming up for a Labor DAy visit. I think this NEEDS to be made. noms

• beantownbaker — August 27th, 2013 @ 7:58 am

It makes a big salad – so it’s perfect for serving to guests!