Stuffed Strawberries

I had seen recipes in my Google Reader for stuffed strawberries and I was very intrigued. Then we hosted our Stuff It! dinner party and I immediately thought of stuffed strawberries and the leftover chocolate frosting I had in the freezer. I cannot say enough good things about this frosting. It’s AMAZING. I’ve tried the Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate frosting and other chocolate frostings, but this new chocolate frosting recipe really blows the others out of the water. It has definitely replaced my go-to cream cheese chocolate frosting recipe as my favorite. Although it is a lot more fluffy, so if you want a more sturdy frosting, I’d go with the cream cheese frosting.

But I digress. Back to the strawberries. As I noted in my original post about this frosting, my sister and I dipped our strawberries in it so it was a no brainer to stuff strawberries with it.

I did have a hard time getting the hang of stuffing strawberries. The idea is to pipe the frosting in just until it starts to seep out of the cuts that were made. I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar, and as expected, they were gobbled up in no time. This is a great way to use up some leftover frosting.

Stuffed Strawberries – from Allrecipes.com
Fresh Strawberries
Your favorite frosting – I used THIS chocolate frosting recipe

Cut the tops off of the strawberries and stand upright on the cut side. Make a cut 3/4 of the way down from the tip of the strawberry towards the bottom.

Place frosting into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe into each strawberry and arrange on a serving platter.

6 Responses to “Mint Brownies”

VeggieGirl — December 11, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Can’t beat an Ina classic!

oneordinaryday — December 11, 2009 at 7:26 pm

Ina’s sound decadent, but I’m with you – I’d never have that much of anything on hand if I got a sudden brownie craving. Like that addition of mint here, but then I’m a sucker for anything chocolaty and minty.

Memória — December 11, 2009 at 8:08 pm

What lovely, yummy-looking brownies. I love your addition of mint. YUM!

I’ve yet to try Ina’s brownies; I need to rectify that ASAP.

nutmegnanny — December 11, 2009 at 11:26 pm

I have tried Ina’s brownies before and I have to agree….awesome! Although like you said I don’t have a lot of that stuff just sitting around. I love addition of mint in this recipe. Such a nice spin on the normal brownie 🙂

Kerstin — December 12, 2009 at 5:12 am

I just tried the Andes baking chips and really like them! Your brownies look SO good!

Jelli Bean — December 12, 2009 at 3:37 pm

My favorite brownies of all time are a cocoa based recipe. I think that they are just as rich and chocolatey as any bar-chocolate recipe as long as coffee is added. These look DElish!