Stuffed Strawberries

I had seen recipes in my Google Reader for stuffed strawberries and I was very intrigued. Then we hosted our Stuff It! dinner party and I immediately thought of stuffed strawberries and the leftover chocolate frosting I had in the freezer. I cannot say enough good things about this frosting. It’s AMAZING. I’ve tried the Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate frosting and other chocolate frostings, but this new chocolate frosting recipe really blows the others out of the water. It has definitely replaced my go-to cream cheese chocolate frosting recipe as my favorite. Although it is a lot more fluffy, so if you want a more sturdy frosting, I’d go with the cream cheese frosting.

But I digress. Back to the strawberries. As I noted in my original post about this frosting, my sister and I dipped our strawberries in it so it was a no brainer to stuff strawberries with it.

I did have a hard time getting the hang of stuffing strawberries. The idea is to pipe the frosting in just until it starts to seep out of the cuts that were made. I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar, and as expected, they were gobbled up in no time. This is a great way to use up some leftover frosting.

Stuffed Strawberries – from Allrecipes.com
Fresh Strawberries
Your favorite frosting – I used THIS chocolate frosting recipe

Cut the tops off of the strawberries and stand upright on the cut side. Make a cut 3/4 of the way down from the tip of the strawberry towards the bottom.

Place frosting into a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe into each strawberry and arrange on a serving platter.

17 Responses to “M&M Cookies to Celebrate Valentine’s Day”

Carrie — February 12, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I love freezing dough but somehow most ends up in my tummy unbaked when I do that ๐Ÿ™‚

oneordinaryday — February 12, 2010 at 2:40 pm

What a great gift! I’m thinking that would be wonderful for all sorts of occasions. Thanks for the idea!

Carly — February 12, 2010 at 5:00 pm

These are adorable and I love that idea! Two questions, though: 1) Were these as good as the cookies from the other recipes? and 2) When you freeze them, do you bake right from frozen?

Jen — February 12, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Great questions Carly – As far as comparing them to the other cookies. I enjoyed the chocolate M&M cookies the best, but they were REALLY chocolatey. The other non-chocolate M&M cookies were a bit more chewy and they had nuts in them, so they had a different vibe. This recipe was more of a classic M&M cookie for sure.

As far as baking from frozen, you can def just go straight from freezer to oven. Bake them ~13 minutes instead of ~11 and take them out when they look done.

Cara — February 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm

these were delicious!

stephchows — February 12, 2010 at 5:35 pm

they look so cute all frozen up ๐Ÿ™‚

Leanne — February 12, 2010 at 6:11 pm

I love the pink and red M&Ms. Thanks for the idea of freezing the cookie dough.

Memรณria — February 12, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I was going to ask you the same thing as Carly, well the first question. These cookies are cute. Your freezing method reminded me that I have a bunch of sugar cookies still in the freezer! Do you know how long cookies can stay in the freezer?

Jen — February 12, 2010 at 9:32 pm

I don’t know how long they will last in the freezer. I have a tendency to forget about things in my freezer… I’d guess a couple months? Anyone have ideas?

nutmegnanny — February 12, 2010 at 9:43 pm

What festive little cookies ๐Ÿ™‚ I love them! I also like the fact that you froze them. I bet they were delicious. Make sure to enter the All Through the Year Cheer event for Valentine’s Day ๐Ÿ™‚

Julie — February 13, 2010 at 4:49 am

I think that sounds like a great way to spend valentine’s day. It can be intimidating the way it’s so hyped up. The cookies look very festive, love ’em!

Vivian - Let's Try These... — February 13, 2010 at 2:16 pm

We don’t do “valentine’s day” either since my MIL was born on the 14th and daughter’s birthday is the 15th – besides, its more important to say you love someone everyday, not just one day out of the year. Love the idea about freezing the cookie dough in preshaped form and giving that away. Wonderful idea!

Deborah Dowd — February 14, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I am looking for cookies that travel well for my soldier adopted through Soldier’s Angels and these look like a winner!!

Kerstin — February 14, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Mmm, these were so tasty! Happy Valentine’s Day!

Amy (Sing For Your Supper) — February 16, 2010 at 9:54 pm

These are just too cute!! I love M&M cookies too!!

bcallegra — February 17, 2010 at 1:13 am

Just had to add my two cents on the idea of giving cookie dough frozen and ready to be baked – genius! For some reason, I’ve never thought of that, even though I’ve given cookies frozen to people to be defrosted when they’re ready to eat. I love the dough idea!

Megan — February 20, 2010 at 2:16 am

YUM-these look absolutely delicious! I love the pink and red M&Ms!