Inside Out Stuffed Peppers

With last week’s vegetable being bell peppers, the first thought that comes to mind is stuffed peppers (even though I’ve never had them). But, after trying stuffed tomatoes a few weeks ago, I decided that I don’t like stuffing vegetables. They’re difficult to eat and it’s kind of a big effort. Granted, I might do it for company because they look so pretty on the plate.

This recipe is for inside out Stuffed Peppers. It’s basically everything you might see stuffed into a pepper, but it’s all just mixed in a big pan instead. This is much easier and makes this recipe great for a worknight. The flavor of this meal was really good.

Inside Out Stuffed Peppers (from Allrecipes.com)
2 cloves garlic
1 (19 ounce) package Italian Sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 green pepper, sliced
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup frozen corn – I used 1 cup2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 cups cooked rice
Salt and Pepper
In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, garlic, and peppers until sausage is browned.

Add tomato sauce, corn and Worcestershire sauce.

Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over hot rice.

10 Responses to “Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad”

Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — April 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

You probably saved a few calories too, by subbing the ham for shrimp! This looks amazing and I love the Mexican flavors.

• beantownbaker — April 29th, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

This is definitely a little bit lighter than a normal cobb salad.

Megan — April 29, 2013 at 11:46 am

I love this take on a cobb salad. The flavors all sound so fresh and bright!

Shannon — April 30, 2013 at 10:36 am

yum! this looks like one absolutely delicious salad. definitely starting to crave more salads, so this is sure to get into the rotation 🙂

• beantownbaker — May 14th, 2013 @ 7:21 am

I’ve been craving salads a lot too recently. I’m so glad spring is finally here.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 1, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Oh yum, I love cobb salad 🙂 this looks great!

Beth — July 19, 2013 at 7:00 pm

made this for dinner tonight…served the avocado and dressing on the side…everyone and I mean everyone went crazy over this….seconds were had and on a hot night like this it hit the spot…every bite brought out a new flavor..so so good…I follow a lot of blogs and make there recipes but none as much as yours…your recipes are easy, economical and full of flavor….and I love how you do a little bit of everything…keep them coming girl ….

• beantownbaker — July 21st, 2013 @ 3:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words! So glad you enjoyed this salad. It’s SO flavorful.

nicole @ i am a Honey Bee — August 27, 2013 at 7:55 am

ooo I sooo need this.
    My mom is coming up for a Labor DAy visit. I think this NEEDS to be made. noms

• beantownbaker — August 27th, 2013 @ 7:58 am

It makes a big salad – so it’s perfect for serving to guests!