Way to nerd that up…

Leigh has started another blogging event: The Not Only Breakfast Club. The first theme is nerdy food. That’s right up our alley!

Hubby and I are engineers. We’re pretty much about as nerdy as it gets. We both got degrees in Aeronautical engineering. Our families like to say we’re rocket scientists even though neither of us work in rocketry. A lot of our friends are also enginerds. We often have to call each other out for “nerding” something up. You know, when someone takes it to that next level of nerdiness.

Some non-nerds can’t handle the nerdiness that we can bring to a party. One day after work, we were hanging out with my big bro and his fiancee. Big bro is an enginerd as well. Future sister in law asked if we knew what big bro was talking about when he said he writes “code” all day. I think she was looking for sympathy from us. We laughed and said of course we knew. In fact, I write code about 40 hours a week at work!

Anyways, back to the food. I saw this and almost laughed out loud. Take a look at it. Do you think this food is nerdy?

Come on, you can’t even handle how nerdy this food is. If you don’t see why this guacamole is nerdy, you are clearly not a nerd. Who remembers high school chemistry? Remember Avogadro’s magic number? 6.02×10^23 molecules in a mole? I remember struggling with this concept back in high school. Then one day it just all clicked. There aren’t actually even 6 avocado’s in this guac, only 5 in fact, but it’s still a great name for the guac.

Not only is this guacomole perfectly fitting for us, it also tastes AMAZING! And it comes in these two packets so you can save some for later. We threw one packet in the freezer to enjoy later. Definitely grab some the next time you are at TJs.
While I didn’t actually make any nerdy foods, I did use nerdy food in an awesome meal. I used my go-to turkey burger recipe and added a dollop of the nerdy guac and a handfull of sprouts. So tasty! Hubby had his on a bun and I just ate mine without.

11 Responses to “Massaged Kale Salad”

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 11:23 am

I’m so glad you posted this! Aarti’s kale salad is on my list of dishes to make, and it’s good to know that you guys enjoyed it.

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — August 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I saw this on the first episode of Aarti Party and it looked so good to me! Kale is something I’ve also never worked with in our kitchen so I definitely want to give this recipe a try!

Josie — August 30, 2010 at 1:20 pm

I love kale, and I was intrigued by this as well – I really want to try it now! Great picture!

Lauren — August 30, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I picked up all of the ingredients this morning to make the salad, and it is now sitting in my fridge waiting to be devoured for lunch. It’s GREAT! Who knew raw kale could be so good?!

Lizzy — August 30, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Kale is one of my favorite foods but I haven’t had it raw yet. I am bookmarking this!

Kate — August 30, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Wow sounds interesting! I’m very curious to try it myself. I love kale.

Christine — August 30, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I saw this on Aarti Party too – looks good – glad you tried it!

We Are Not Martha — August 31, 2010 at 1:51 am

I love kale and am on a new-found mango kick, so I’m sure this is absolutely wonderful 🙂

Sues

Sherry G — August 31, 2010 at 3:33 pm

I don’t know if I could get anyone in my family to try this, but it looks so interesting! I have never tried kale, but I would like to!

Cara — August 31, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I made a massaged kale salad once but it was just “eh”. I don’t think I massaged enough. But I might have to try it again, and do it the right way, since you both loved it!

Elina — September 2, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I LOVE massaged kale – love, love, love it. It tastes completely different than “regular” – not as “green” if that makes sense. 🙂
    I also love the next food network star. I should check out Aarti’s show since this recipe sounds like it’s right up my alley. 🙂