Vegan Cupcake class

I’ve been meaning to upload these pictures for a while. Back in February, me and a couple friends took a Vegan cupcake class from the Boston Center for Adult Education. The instructor was a vegan baker herself. There were only 6 of us in the class and apparently there are usually about 15. Our class size was great because it was so hands on. We also got to take home quite a few cupcakes that day since we had made 6 dozen!!

I don’t have the recipes of the cupcakes, but they look similar to what can be found in Vegan Cupcakes Take over The World.

We made: Blood Orange cupcakes (which came out of the oven green!) with Orange flavored buttercream. My friend Ren made these cute little oranges out of marzipan to put on top!
Then we made Chai cupcakes with a Cardamon buttercream. Some of the other girls in the class who had never piped frosting before decorated these and I think they look awesome!
And last, but DEFINITELY not least, we made chocolate cupcakes filled with raspberry preserves and ganache and topped with ganache. Yes, we put ganache INSIDE and ON TOP of the cupcake. These were my favorite. So amazing.

7 Responses to “Cappuccino Toffee Brownie Cookies”

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 11, 2010 at 2:25 pm

I read your guest post on Megan’s blog and your cookie-brownies look great! I hope you’re kicking butt in NYC!

Daisy — November 11, 2010 at 3:26 pm

I just drooled over these on Megan’s blog. So glad to see your KAF purchase going to good use!!

Ravenous Rowie — November 11, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Those cookies looke so so so delicious! They would be a very dangerous addition to my recipes!

The Small Boston Kitchen — November 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm

You know, if you ever need anyone to unload some of these sweet treats off to, just a friendly reminder that we are neighbors! 🙂 These look awesome and I can’t wait to hear how your NYC trip goes, I know you’re crushin’ it!

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — November 12, 2010 at 11:13 am

These look and sound amazing! So great to meet you last night in NYC! Love your site!

Nutmeg Nanny — November 15, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Off to check out the recipe…yum!

Megan — November 17, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Thank you so much for your guest post! The cookies look amazing!