Vegan Cupcake class

I’ve been meaning to upload these pictures for a while. Back in February, me and a couple friends took a Vegan cupcake class from the Boston Center for Adult Education. The instructor was a vegan baker herself. There were only 6 of us in the class and apparently there are usually about 15. Our class size was great because it was so hands on. We also got to take home quite a few cupcakes that day since we had made 6 dozen!!

I don’t have the recipes of the cupcakes, but they look similar to what can be found in Vegan Cupcakes Take over The World.

We made: Blood Orange cupcakes (which came out of the oven green!) with Orange flavored buttercream. My friend Ren made these cute little oranges out of marzipan to put on top!
Then we made Chai cupcakes with a Cardamon buttercream. Some of the other girls in the class who had never piped frosting before decorated these and I think they look awesome!
And last, but DEFINITELY not least, we made chocolate cupcakes filled with raspberry preserves and ganache and topped with ganache. Yes, we put ganache INSIDE and ON TOP of the cupcake. These were my favorite. So amazing.

9 Responses to “Banana Cinnamon Chip Blondies”

Tasha Lehman — November 9, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Oooohhh, I just found a treat to make today! Thanks!!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown — November 9, 2010 at 1:30 pm

This looks SO easy that I could even make them! I love the flavor combo of banana and cinnamon so I think I would love these!

Melissa — November 9, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I love new recipes to use up my squishy bananas! Thanks!

We Are Not Martha — November 9, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Perfect idea!! I love the combination of banana and cinnamon and I’m already up for a blondie! Delicious 😉

Sues

Sherry G — November 9, 2010 at 9:14 pm

I have been dying to try cinnamon chips and I have searched high and low for them. I can’t find them anywhere in Western PA!! It’s such a tragedy=( However, these look so tasty!

Anonymous — November 9, 2010 at 10:43 pm

I used cinnamon chips as well as white chocolate chips in your pumpkin bars…they came out delish..i’ll have to try these as well!

theblogisthenewblack — November 9, 2010 at 11:43 pm

I love banana and cinammon, so I imagine I would love this.

Ada N. Ortiz — November 10, 2010 at 5:10 am

These look awesome! Will have to try them 🙂

Samantha — November 17, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Ooooh I’ve been looking for a recipe that includes cinnamon chips, as I found them at the store for the first time the other day and had to pick them up. I love this because it involves banana as well! Thank you so much for the recipe!

– Sam